Exhaust Questions

Gilbuddy

My experience with riding nearly a full year with the stock exhaust before getting the 2 bros is that the number of times vehicles have pulled into my lane has gone down drastically.

I used to count the number of times it happened, now I can't remember the last time it did.

Typically, this is only a concern for me as I get "trapped" in heavy traffic. Otherwise, by the time they hear me, I've already passed them. But in traffic, the exhaust has prevented numerous cagers from moving into my lane because they failed to head check or use their mirrors effectively.

Oh, and it sounds bad-ass. ;-)

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
S

SkyOrDie

Will they pull you over specifically for you're exhaust? Probably not.
I got pulled over once specifically for loud pipes. It was about 10 years ago commuting on the 91 in SoCal. The CHP motor officer just said my pipes were ridiculously loud. They were. He said to put the stock pipes back on. Since I rode that route at the same time 5 days a week, I thought I would see him again. I modified the baffles so it wouldn't be stupid loud.

So, even though it helps sometimes for cagers to hear you coming, loud pipes CAN draw unwanted attention.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

PS: Chicks LOVE loud pipes.

A study was done at the University of Indiana to measure the chemical response the female brain has when it hears a loud motorcycle exhaust.

The conclusion? Young woman associate loud motorcycle exhausts with testosterone and it creates a large increase in their Oxytocin levels which causes females to become sexually aroused. According to the study, both pitch and decibel level contribute to the chemical response. The study concluded that over 91.8% of women aged 18-35 become sexually aroused at the sound of any motorcycle exhaust that exceeded 102.73 decibels and at the same time had a low pitch. They also found that putting the sound itself aside, the scent of octane & fuel from a loud exhaust was associated with a vibrant, capable male who was looking for a mate. The 3 above elements combined concluded that woman go into heat when they hear a sportbike rip roaring down the street with a two brothers exhaust & power commander, Especially if the bike that it is attached to is an FZ6R. It makes them immediately want to take all of their clothes off and "hop on" so to speak.

PS: If you read the above post, I made it all up.... But...I can assure you....It's all true:p
You were doing good until you started getting specific about the models and brands.

I like it though....