exhaust leak

after an oil change today i ran the motor for a while to check for leaks, i noticed a few drops of water leaking out of a tiny hole in the very bottom of the muffler. i have no idea how this hole got there, its no bigger than the thickness of a sewing needle. im not too concerned about it just wondering if i am at risk for rust or internal damage??

C

cam7777

after an oil change today i ran the motor for a while to check for leaks, i noticed a few drops of water leaking out of a tiny hole in the very bottom of the muffler. i have no idea how this hole got there, its no bigger than the thickness of a sewing needle. im not too concerned about it just wondering if i am at risk for rust or internal damage??
The hole is there by design. It's there to drain any water trapped in the muffler, so there is nothing to worry about, it's perfectly normal.

Hope this helps

daddyrack

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Its doing just what it was meant to do. :thumbup:

FastFreddy

Yes, I had the same question before.

Confirming:
I went to the muffler shop in late Spring and gave him a good chuckle for the same question. I kept noticing a little puddle when warming up in certain conditions.

The muffler man says its to let the water out in order to stop muffler corrosion.