Exhaust install

Bikegirl88

I am about to install my 2BR exhaust.

For those who have completed this did you need to buy any seals or gaskets from Yamaha or is the kit, as provided, all I need?

Thanks

Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

I think they should supply you with new gaskets. Videos and article's that I've read said to use the new stuff because when you remove the stock you might break something or something along those lines.

mfischler

Elite Member

FZJ

Just finished installing this three days ago. Super easy and you can just use the stock gaskets. I don't have a Juicebox or Power Commander to get rid of that narly backfire though.

Bikegirl88

Thanks everybody. I should have installed last night but got too lazy and went to bed. It will be a cold and somewhat damp weekend in Toronto so this will be a Saturday job.

I think that the decel pop will happen anyway but will know for sure in a few days.

Bikegirl88

But I like the pop...it scares small children, old people and pets!:eek:

Newmason

She sure is purdy! Let us know how it runs afterwards!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You are going to love this exhaust! :rockon:

Everything you need is there, just reuse the stock gaskets.

ME_with_a_B

I'm picking up the c/f 2bros system at the end of this season so I can tinker and install it during the off season... I meant to do it last year but time got away from me.

Does anyone have video on youtube of the way it sounds? I've seen a few videos but they weren't very good quality. I'm wondering how loud it really is...

SSgtBaarnes

Everything is included to complete the install. Mine had a tube of silicone lubricant that wasn't needed since the pipes arrived already welded. All in all, a pretty easy install. Let us know if you have any issues....

Newmason

Well did you get it on? How does the SS look? I was going to get that one as well. Not a huge carbon fiber exhaust fan

Bikegirl88

There are no springs in my kit but it says that they should be included (6 in total). I went to the parts store and purchased 6 of these. I can not find where they actually belong. Perhaps where the unit is prewelded they are not necessary???

Thoughts??

Bikegirl88

Well did you get it on? How does the SS look? I was going to get that one as well. Not a huge carbon fiber exhaust fan
Still working on it!!

I will post a pic when it is done.

Newmason

Whats the deal with the 2 bro's missing some parts that are to be included in the package! Very odd! Glad you found an alternative at the parts store! Cant wait to see the final product with the SS version!

bikerMommy

No springs necessary, it comes welded so there is no need for the tension to keep the pipes together. I installed my exhaust and juice box yesterday. It took about 2 hours to do both, pretty easy install. Here's what the CF looks like on the pearl white, can't wait to see what yours looks like :cool:

Newmason

You know, the look of the exhaust is awesome but the carbon fiber just looks out of place on some, but it doesnt on the Pearl! Must be a dark on light issue. Not a fan of the CF on Blue. Looks great though! How does it run? Able to pull the front end up with out having to dump the clutch in 1st?

bikerMommy

You know, the look of the exhaust is awesome but the carbon fiber just looks out of place on some, but it doesnt on the Pearl! Must be a dark on light issue. Not a fan of the CF on Blue. Looks great though! How does it run? Able to pull the front end up with out having to dump the clutch in 1st?
Yeah, I was actually pretty surprised in the increase of torque and horsepower. I tested the exhaust for leaks before I installed the juice box and it decelerated roughly :eek: (a lot of backfiring) but after the JB it's smooth and sounds great! :thumbup: