Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Against popular belief the popping comes from lean condition on decel. Blocking the AIS actually reduce the amount of air dump in the exhaust yhe result in less popping. Popping occur when the AF ratio go over 15:1 or so. If you have a fuel controller add 40% of gas in the zero column from 2K to 8K. That should fix it. 40% sound like huge but 40% of about nothing is still not much...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Marthy,
Using your theory, could i recreate the flames using my Juicebox even with AIS installed and have the the best of both worlds, reduced popping and flames when it does decel? If so I'd be tempted to hookup the laptop.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lilday

Mine spits flames but only when it is cold.

For example leaving the bike for a few hours and then starting it, whenever I come off the throttle I get that kind of "bom bom bom bom POP" sound.

Nice big blue flames

Bert-Aus

Backfiring occurs even with the stock exhaust in place,
it is just that the breadbox reduces how much you hear it.

As far as flames go if you open up the throttle and close off abruptly it will backfire no matter,
-the amount will vary relative to previously mentioned options (AIS blockoff's, exhaust mod type, removed catalitc converter etc).

I am pretty sure Marthy isn't trying to burn you,
only explaining how/ why it occurs to help you understand what is happening.

Ricenoodle

So i adjusted the 0 column from 1000 to 1500 rpm with 40. Is this correct? or is it suppose to say 4 for 4 percent richer than stock?

Attachments

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

1250 to 1500 start with -4 and see how it goes. From 3K to 8K dump 40% or so. Email me your map and I will copy and paste the zero column if you want. Whats your exhaust set up again? Witch map is this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I have a TBR full exhaust with Juicebox Pro with AIS blockoff plates installed. Currently running your Sport Rev A and i like it alot, it just rough on idle and sputters. Calm down a bit when it's warm but not smooth at all. I'm hoping this would eliminate it and if it creates flames, then it's a positive but my main goal is to have it not sputters at idle. Email sent to you for mod, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Finally able to achieve flames and a smoother idle thanks to Marthy. Here is the video. Keep in mind engine has to be warmed up for 5 min in order to do this which you should do anyway prior to riding. It'll continue to flame with every rev, i stopped after one because i felt like a mad scientist creating Frankenstein so i capture a quick video. I can send it to your email if you'd like the updated maps which is based off of the Sport Rev A.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=674233779287810

Last edited: