Erratic idle?

Ricenoodle

Quick question from my observation today, I have a tbr black series exhaust and running marthy sport map rev a. Loved the performance of this map. feels like a new bike. I notice at at idle the bike is constantly going between 1k to 1,300 rpm and it's not subtle and I can hear it distinctly. The tbr map that came with the unit idle at 1k flat. Is this normal for anyone with the rev a map? what's the difference between sport map a & b?

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Sounds like you have a bad MAP, it is really not a good idea to run MAPs made by auto tuning from someone else ride, a good generic tune is okay, but not a specialized tune.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Neme

Run some fuel system cleaner through there and see if it helps. I run some through my bike every few thousand miles

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Ricenoodle

what fuel injector cleaner do you guys recommend? Seafoam? Marthy is this the first time you're heard of this? any minor adjustment you can make to the map?

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Thanks Marthy, so there shouldn't be any short/long term damage if the bike idle like that? I went back to using sport rev a, loved the performance too much.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member