Erratic Idle "Issue"

Rawknrohl

Howdy y'all,
Have kind of a strange problem... more of just a question really because functionally it doesn't really seem to be harming anything just struck me as odd. This is my first 4 cylinder bike, twins always in the past so maybe this is normal but: When I start up my bike from cold all is well, I let it warm up a bit, jump on it and am gentle until it hits operating temp. I rarely push it past 8k rpms and take crazy good care of it (so I don't think it's related to abuse:p). When I get somewhere, stop and turn the bike off and get back on after 10-20 minutes and when I start it up it idles rough for a bit like it's bogging out. However, if i give it a little throttle is acts normal, but continues to idle a bit rough when I let off unless I come on to it a few times... enough to bring it up a few degrees engine temp. If I jump on it and go it rides totally normally also. It has a TBR full exhaust, JB pro with TBR map. I put in some NGK CR9E-IX (iridium) plugs. I keep fresh fuel in it always. The other thing I've noticed is that anytime the bike is idling and I rev it a bit it smells a bit more like unburnt fuel than it did before the TBR, but maybe that's just a lack of catalysts... any thoughts? *The rough idle thing seemed to come about slowly and out of nowhere, it started slightly and has gotten a bit worse.* Thanks Y'all! -Rawk

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rawknrohl

Awesome, I really appreciate the quick/helpful responses! It means a lot to have a forum like this, another reason I'm glad I chose the 6r!:)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Y

yellowfz

Please note, no MAP will cure the heat soak issue. It is a thing inherent to 4 strokes. :(