Engine shutting off while switching gears

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MARTIN

But it only happens to me after a long ride and specially in heavy traficc conditions. It never happens in a short ride ( going to work) it happens most of the times in a traffic jam...

How can I check the stand sensor ? And how can i fix it ?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

But it only happens to me after a long ride and specially in heavy traficc conditions. It never happens in a short ride ( going to work) it happens most of the times in a traffic jam...

How can I check the stand sensor ? And how can i fix it ?
The amount of traffic on the road doesn't change the mechanical aspects of the bike (if so, I would have been screwed a long time ago commuting in San Francisco traffic).

So, are you sure its not an operator error due to maybe an increase in stress while in heavy traffic?

MARTIN

Well, that could be happening. I'm preatty much of an amateur lol . I am going to check it out. Ill write later with more details .

Steviet

Well, that could be happening. I'm preatty much of an amateur lol . I am going to check it out. Ill write later with more details .
Hey guy's, how about starting a different thread, you've completely hijacked the OP's thread with a different problem.

MARTIN

Hey guy's, how about starting a different thread, you've completely hijacked the OP's thread with a different problem.

Sorry , I thought my problem was exactly the same as the one being discussed in this thread ........................................................and it is "Engine shutting off while switching gears"

JSP

Super Moderator
Sorry , I thought my problem was exactly the same as the one being discussed in this thread ........................................................and it is "Engine shutting off while switching gears"
No worries, you are fine. Plus this thread is over a year old anyways, dont think the OP will mind :D I thought you were all talking about the same thing anyways too... :thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Steviet

Sorry, I didn't realize the Op was last year, but I don't think you are talking about the same thing. The op was when the engine was cold and going up a hill. The last description I read from you was that it only happened after long rides and in traffic.

Dan McLean

Hi Guys.
The origional thread is giving a rpoblem I am having at present. When the bike is cold (Lo) the bike drives fine, when hot it drives fine too, however when the temp is half way the bike stalls when pulling the clutch in to change gear. The other night I run up the road and while the temp was half way I kept pulling the clutch in and it would stall, soon as temp got up to normal it was ok, as as I stated it is ok when cold. It reminds me of an old choke type where if the choke wasnt set right it would stall as the revs came down. I was thinking that the injection gives the bike more fuel when cold like a choke and slowly gives it less and less untill it is at normal temp, maybe it could be shutting the extra fuel down before it should thus making her stall when changing gear?
Anyways, thought i would throw this one at yous again incase any of you have had this problem. Im due the 10000K service next month so will get them to look at it.
P.S. My main concern is the cat, if the engine cuts out and fuel goes into the cat, then ignites then it will destroy the cat...