ECU Flash or Dynojet Fuel Map

Good$peed

I recently swapped my FZ6R stock exhaust with a Delkevic Full System Exhaust with a 8" can. Decided to continue using my stock air filter. My goal with the exhaust swap was primarily for a better exhaust note. Some say I should be good to go "as-is" and other say I need a Fuel Controller. Needless to say, I've been doing my homework and even spoke to a Dynojet Tech on the issue. His suggestion was to get it on the Dyno first to see how it is running before investing in a PC. During our conversation he actually told me that he preferred Flashing the ECU.

Has any of you FZ6R owners Flashed their ECU or have a PC FZ6R Fuel Map for the Delkevic Full System Exhaust? The Dynojet PC does not have one for the FZ6R and I've heard complaints about the Two Brother Map, especially from those Riders that DO NOT have the TB full system exhaust. Appreciate any feedback on my question. Thanks

TN6R

I don’t agree with the tech. You need to tune the bike or get a map and run it through either a fuel controller or a PCV. However, a better option would be to get the device mentioned above installed on your bike and then go to the dyno and get it tuned for its own map.

It will only improve your bike’s performance by optimizing it’s air/fuel ratio. That would be the ideal and smartest choice, hands down.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

There's a few companies in Brazil flashing the FZ6R / XJ6 , vids on youtube. Ecuwest in Australia claim to do it to. Search for Piasini agents , should be some in the States.
Marthy's cam swap is a big improvement to , cheers for the write up Marthy.