BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
that and now Chad and I need to find a range somewhere near us to go sling some lead.... my other neglected hobby
Tell me about it... I have not been out shooting forever. I still take everything out once in a while and lube them up... cuddle with them on the bed, and err. :eek: haha never mind! :D :justkidding:

Jay S.

Tell me about it... I have not been out shooting forever. I still take everything out once in a while and lube them up... cuddle with them on the bed, and err. :eek: haha never mind! :D :justkidding:
So...I'm not the only gun and motorcycle fanatic around these parts?

:steve:

Sparkxx1

The case is much better quality than I expected. The seller shipped fedex also. If you're on a budget, I recommend this case. Here it is on a yellow bike.
Looks nice :) I just bought my givi v46. Got it for 200 on ebay...=) arrives this weekend. In other news I still don't have the rack attachment thing...=(

wazzu4ever

Just bought one of these a couple weeks ago and mounted it the same way as Roaddawg did. It is exactly what I was wanted. It easily fits my laptop bag and office clothes - no more backpack for the commute!

My only quibble with this setup is losing the ability to get to the storage under the pillion seat. Something tells me I will have the SW-Motech mounting bracket on my bike by next year. :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yfz6r

I use mine every day. I wear my backpack and put my nursing equipment in the trunk. When I go to study my pharmacology and fundamentals books go in the trunk (1500 pages each) and it works great.

Roaddawg

Just bought one of these a couple weeks ago and mounted it the same way as Roaddawg did. It is exactly what I was wanted. It easily fits my laptop bag and office clothes - no more backpack for the commute!

My only quibble with this setup is losing the ability to get to the storage under the pillion seat. Something tells me I will have the SW-Motech mounting bracket on my bike by next year. :D
Yeah, not being able to easily get under the pillion sucks. I taped a wrench and screw driver in the trunk so that I could loosen up the bolts enough to get under the seat, if needed (to access the owners manual or tool kit...) Also, I put my reg and insurance cards in a ziplock and duct taped them to the inside of the trunk lid so they would be accessible. I love that big ass trunk!!

Bloke

Anyone find a similar deal in the uk? few sellers online selling similar top boxes, but they have a completely different mounting plate :/

Desperate for some secure on bike storage so I can leave my stuff on the bike and not have to lug my gear around.

Unfortunately it seems like it'll cost a fortune top get a full rack set up.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

raybob

Finally got a sw-moto rack (bought off the forum) and plan to put a pelican 1500 on it. Anyone done this before? I seem to remember a photo of Martin with one used as a toolbox but don't know which rack he used.

Suspect I can just bolt it up using some fender washers. If I feel ambitious, can grind things smoove before I do that.

Suggestions?

Bob

Xlrrp

Roaddawg,

Thanks so much for posting this information. I just ordered the same case from Ebay and it will work great on my 9 day camping trip from Washougal, WA to Fort Bragg, CA. Was planning to use soft saddle bags as I couldn't justify spending the money for a Givi case.

Wife and I moved up here from Santa Rosa, CA about nine years ago, spent a lot of time in the Napa Valley area.

Thanks,
Chris

PS... How's the case do in the rain?