AngryAnt

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Look like Irene is going to miss us here in Florida... hopefully she's going to keep turning east! Hope everything is fine up there... 5.8!
I hope the same. I still remember not having running power / water for weeks after Katrina. I wouldn't wish that on anybody...

iSpoolin

Felt it here at work also, I just thought they dropped a shuttle car frame or something though LOL

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I take it thats rare to have a quake there?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

cjsFZ6R

Ugh, being about 30 miles from the center of it SUCKED. My kids are freaked out and my house was def not built to deal with a quake and i now have a nice big crack in my wall in the basement, AWESOME! but on the plus side my insurance will cover it (or so it says). A lotta things fell off walls and shelves, my dog went crazy and peed on the floor (STUPID DOG!) and everyone now is just kinda hanging out making sure everything is ok with everyone around... so far so good... Thanks for the concern guys!! As for the hurrican its supposed to nail us this weekend so no i'm going to go for a ride to prevent anger this weekend when i can't ride at all...

CrazyCawi

gods speed to you cjs

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Hoops 09Raven

Thats not a bad size EQ, us California folks are used to it. If its the roller type, it shouldnt be that bad, but the sudden jolts, now those suck!!

I will still take an EQ over a tornado or hurricane anyday!!!

CrazyCawi

hauling ass? where might you have gotten a bike trailer to haul your ass mike? :D :JK:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Thats not a bad size EQ, us California folks are used to it. If its the roller type, it shouldnt be that bad, but the sudden jolts, now those suck!!

I will still take an EQ over a tornado or hurricane anyday!!!
If you ever visit the South / Southeast, you'll find out everybody here is gun shy of everything. You mention "earthquake", its the end of the world. You mention "blizzard", its a "snowocalypse", and you mention hurricane, everybody is still gun shy from katrina and stocks up 2 months worth of water, can food, and gas.

It never ceases to amaze me how if it snows 1/2" in the winter, literally, EVERYTHING shuts down for a day or two, meanwhile northerners laugh...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member