Dunlop's New Sportmax Q3

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bmw675

The fronts weren't available yet, atleast not last week, so I stuck with the PP3. With the q3's having an msrp the same as the q2's, I wouldn't be surprised if you would be able to pick up some q2 cheap here soon.

You'll probably be hard to come up with a first hand experience with the q3's for a while.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

mdgreene2001

I just purchased the Michlin M3s and will put them on soon, probably next week sometime. Great reviews on them, I know its no Q2 or Q3, and i got them at a decent price $250 for a set mounted and balanced

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Kayo7

I ordered a set of Q3's today. The 160's are on back order but should be into the shop on Monday. I've got another ride or two left in my Q2 rear. The front's OK but I don't like replacing just a rear tire and especially not if I'm changing the type of tires. Once I get them on I'll post up a review.
I've been holding off as well trying to get the Q3's as well, so its good news to me to hear that they are finally starting to come off of back order.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Am at the shop right now, and the $40 rebate for Q3's just ended 8/31... :( The price on the Q3's, $375 installed, is $52 more than Q2's, $323...

Didn't feel like spending almost $400 on tires, so am going to stay with Q2's. I only get around 3K miles per set anyways, which is about a new set every 8 months or so.

Hopefully the price on Q3's will come down a bit eventually. The marketing hoopla that they cost the same as Q2's doesn't seem to be true this far. To me at least, $50 is $50. :/

What pricing has everyone else been seeing?

xleeb0y13x

Lets hope they go down a bit. Have only 1400 miles on the stock tires but wouldn't mind the upgrade.

Sent while running with scissors.

DevlDog

Sorry to necro this old thread, but thought it would be better than starting a new one. I have the Q3 on my front right now, and will soon have one on my rear. The front is much more stable than the stock front I had on my bike, and it feels like it handles a whole lot better. I don't really push the bike a whole lot, but when I do lean over I never feel my front tire slipping at all.

Pointman1776

Elite Member

b_who

I'll chime in on this
I'll start off by saying these are down right better then the earlier Q2 model. Warm up just as fast, grip is better all around and have a better feel and from what i can see wear better too.
My experience with the Q3's is strictly on track so please that in mind.
You need to run your psi lower then the q2s for sure. On the q2s i was running 28 rear and 30 front cold. the Q3s i got good results with 25 rear and 27 front cold with about 5 to 6 psi gains (30 rear and 32/33 hot)

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Pointman1776

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

DevlDog

My Q2rear came on the bike when I bought it. It had 7.5k miles. It now has 9.3k miles and the only reason I replaced the rear is because I locked the rear tire trying to stop too quickly and car-breaking it. Otherwise I probably would have gotten another 500-1000 miles out of it, maybe more.