Dumb Question

deceptive gt

Please forgive such a noob question, I searched but could not find an answer. I will gladly accept a link to the answer.

I see people hang their helmet off the side of the bike near the rear foot peg, when parked. How does it stay there? How is it held in place and secured? I don't want some douche canoe five finger discounting my helmet.

Cerebus

Pretty sure this is just short term when you're near the bike. AFAIK, there is not a way to secure it to the peg. Are you sure you're not thinking of the "lock" under the seat that hangs the helmet off the right side?

ylwf3vr

Yeah under the passenger seat I have a wire with 2 loops. It will (SHOULD) go to your helmet straps. Personally I don't do it because I'm OCD and anal about my helmet..

deceptive gt

I know about the one in the bag under the seat. I just didn't know if when people put them on the side like I described that they just let them hang or secure them somehow.

I have yet to really inspect the helmet cable. Never stopped anywhere yet, except to fuel up.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

im one of the few that does use the under seat helmet cable. I don't use it a ton cause im mostly with it when im riding but if I go into the store for a few minutes its better than lugging it around with you. Since I have a brand new helmet with blue tooth im not willing to just throw it on the seat unless im in sight of it at all times. I did just discover this weekend that if you cram it in real tight you can fit a hat under the passenger seat which is nice

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member