Ducati Diavel

ajskillz13

Looks like a new style developing with all of the designers. Similar lines to the Honda Crossrunner, but a lot sharper package IMO. I read some comments and most were trashing this bike, but I REALLY like it!

It is lighter than our bike but has more than twice the horsepower. I guess I'd have to see it in person, but it looks like it would be a sweet upgrade from our bike. (Similar to going to an FZ-1)

Let's here some opinions!

View attachment 20193

Roaddawg

First impression I got was a Ducati version of a V-rod slash cafe racer. It's interesting. Have to see it in person as well.

Sage

First impression I got was a Ducati version of a V-rod slash cafe racer. It's interesting. Have to see it in person as well.
+1 with that statement, looks like a mix of a v-rod and a monster. would needa see one in person

creggur

Not sure where Ducati is trying to go with this. While I like the looks far better than a conventional cruiser, and I'm sure from a riding standpoint it's far more functional than anything Harley could build in a million years, my biggest question would be - 'why?'.

I have no problem with Ducati expanding into classes of bike other than sport. I have a personal, vested interest, actually because I want a Multistrada 1200 in my garage some day and higher overall sales volume means more dealers, better factory support, and potentially better reliability across their line (the reasons I don't have one already).

At first blush, I'll admit I don't 'get it' and I'm not sure who the potential buyers are for this thing. I like the looks, but it's not my style, and wouldn't serve my purposes in any way. That, of course, means nothing in the grand scheme, but if for no other reason than my above stated selfish interest, I do hope it's a success. A wild one...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Not diggin it at all...

Roaddawg

more info: Ducati Diavel

interesting... but it'd be more like going to a vmax or fat boy... large/wide rear tire, not to inspiring for twisties... and it's going to carry the high price of a Ducati, if I'm going to pay for a Duc, I'm going to get a Duc. Just my $.02
What's with the license plate holder on that thing?!?

ME_with_a_B

I like the look of the Diavel a whole lot -- it reminds me of the Speed Triple. :) I'll have to wait and see what people say about it's performance before I can really love it or hate it.

Detrich

looks nice... i still love the street fighter the best tho... :)