Drag Racing

NeoTericJM

I am going drag racing tonight. Prolly going to watch mostly and try it once. Is there any tips on how to properly do this on our bikes? Shifting, taking off, tires, and suspension etc.? I have my suspension all the way down right now because I was testing it.

DragonBlu

If you use the search button here you will find a lot of helpful info on 1/4 mile racing. :) Good luck and have fun!

sammy56

You might want to consider a VMAX instead:surrender::surrender::surrender:. The 6R is a great bike and is incredible fun in the twisties.......but drag racing?????
Best of luck.

See red

If you do it right you will be at the top of 5th or pushing through 6th lol. It goes quick out of first, but theres not much after that lol! have fun.

NeoTericJM

Ok I did decent but I think I need to improve. I don't know if its me or the bike. But through out the night I was feeling out the bike perfect shift times and what not. It would also help to get rid of the heavy exhaust and if my suspension wasn't all the way soft. Ill scan in my slips but I think the best of the night was 13.1 at 100mph. Most the time my bike wouldn't break 100. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact of my bike was actually doing wheelies when I have never had the front end of that bike up because usually it is hard to do, and it is a shocker when it does come up. My best reaction of the night was .0829 or something close like that. All night I raced against my brother who was on a ninja 650r and he won just about every time. granted he has a racing exhaust on and more torque.