• Other?

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xb_guy

Had to vote "other". The throttle blip when downshifting intrigues me, so I'm trying to learn it on the bike. I could do it in most of the stick shift cars I've owned, but I think my feet are more coordinated than my hands.

I found the posted videos in another thread and keep watching them and practicing. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to add some front braking into the mix.

For upshifts, I'm probably 75/25 clutch/no clutch. Seems like for the higher gears just a little upward pressure on the lever and rolling off the throttle a bit will slide it right into gear.

Z3roFlaw

Right now I clutch, shift, ease off the clutch. I think I'm going to practice clutch, blip, and then shift.

Grumpy

I only blip shift when i need to take off into space (going around pesky Prius drivers on the free way). The bike has enough power that I can hit it in most any gear and it will move quite well. Most times I just down shift to aide in breaking, so no blip needed.

Brock Kickass

I always blip, because I was taught to do it in cars from very early on. It's easier on the clutch and transmission, and I've been doing it so long it sounds weird when I don't, no matter what I'm driving. I even used to heel-toe downshift in my Toyota SR5 4X4 pickup. It's just natural to me to blip.

DerekVinyard

On large sport bikes you either have to go real real slow on the clutch or rev match (blip)... It's good practice. Locking up the rear tire is easy on big displacement bikes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited: