Down! Feeling horrible.

MikeN02

Went for a ride today with some friends, a ZX6-R and an R1. Weather was a bit cloudy so we headed south. Everything was going good and until near the end.

They were ahead of me and I was kind of cruising, it was on a two lane double yellow and kind of a "country" road, so mostly trees and no lights. I was coming in the curve/turn too hot at 45/50 so I tried to brake a little. Hit a patch of dirt and the front wheel started to wobble, I went off to the side of the road, on to the grass and hit a dirt hill.

I guess I flew about 3 - 4 feet until it landed and I was thrown off the bike. Figured I blacked out or dazed for a second or two and got back up. Trucks and cars all stopped and I waited until my friends turned around. When they did I walked up to them and then I started to feel really dizzy and everything was blurry. It cleared up about 45 seconds later but I still had a really bad headache.

I feel really bad as I just bought the bike last week. I felt fine when I rode it home with my friends but they said I was wobbling a bit on the bike. I'm pretty sure I'll feel it tomorrow as the adrenaline is still kicking in. My sister insisted I get X-Rays and CAT scan but I didn't want to waste the money that I could be spending to get it fixed up. So she forced me to go and I got my X-Rays and CAT Scan.

Doctor said everything was good except my left shoulder (Where I told them it hurt a little) and my neck. My left shoulder has a little damage to the AC Joint (injury for typical football players) and my neck's muscle are tensing up. So I have to take 4 pain medications and wear a sling for the next few weeks or so.

The only damage is from my jacket right now, which I wondered how it happened. Looks like the zippers got melted somehow.

Gear I was wearing was:
Seven Zero Seven Vendetta Strike Blue
Frank Thomas XTI Textile Blue
Icon Field Armor underneath
Frank Thomas XTI Mesh Pants
Alpine Star's Air Carbon

Bike's damage is mostly up front and from behind... The forks seem a bit twisted as well.

I'm going to do a rebuild while I'm healing and hopefully it won't cost as much as I think it will.

ksanbon

Mike, WOW, I'm so glad that you're okay, especially considering what could have happened.

Thank God you listened to your sister. Oftentimes, problems don't show up until days after an accident. Take your time getting back and don't downplay any ailments like headaches or anything spinal.

The bike can be fixed in time.

Take care. You'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Keith

MikeN02

Mike, WOW, I'm so glad that you're okay, especially considering what could have happened.

Thank God you listened to your sister. Oftentimes, problems don't show up until days after an accident. Take your time getting back and don't downplay any ailments like headaches or anything spinal.

The bike can be fixed in time.

Take care. You'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Keith
What could have happened is if I didn't stop in the dirt a little further is a fence but not really a fence. Just one of those stick some wood in and have wire in between them fence.

After that fence is a cliff like thing that leads to a lake.

Could've high slided into both of them, ER bill came out to a whooping $2,200

J.J.

wow your post gives me goosebumps.
I am sooo glad you are ok & pray for your speedy recovery.
As said bikes are repairable and replaceable. It happens so fast.
I hope you heal quickly & am glad to hear you went to the hospital.
Please take care.
judy

ksanbon

What could have happened is if I didn't stop in the dirt a little further is a fence but not really a fence. Just one of those stick some wood in and have wire in between them fence.

After that fence is a cliff like thing that leads to a lake.

Could've high slided into both of them, ER bill came out to a whooping $2,200
repairs to the bike, $??.....ER bill, $2,200........
Living to ride another day, priceless!

HER2009

So sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're doing okay and were not hurt worse. May you have a full and speedy recovery.
Take care,
Judi

Heineken

Elite Member

pyrocpu

Glad you're still with us! After all, who's going to call folks out for not using the search function? :)

All kidding aside, bike & gear are replaceable. You're not! Perhaps health insurance might pick up some of that?

JSP

Super Moderator
I posted up on the other board, but I'll chime in here again..

GLAD YOU ARE OK! Sucks big time man. My ambulance ride alone was $1,100. And my health insurance dont cover ambulance until my $2k deductible is paid... so I get the whole bill. Glad you were not hurt any worse. Almost the same way I went down, no dirt though, just blew the corner.

Bike can be fixed/replaced...be thankful you are still here to tell the story.

bigpish13

Sorry about your mishap. Have a speedy recovery and glad to hear you walked away with your noggin intact! The bike can definitely wait. Fix yourself first.:)

TOMIK

Sorry to see that but Im so glad that you atleast ok, my prayer for your fast recovery, bike is replacable humans are not, God Bless and ride safely.

Detrich

aww man... am so sorry to hear this happened. but, am relieved to hear that you are ok and not badly injured. we know u just got the bike last week, so that just makes it feel so much worse. but, hopefully you'll heal up quickly and get the bike fixed up nicely as well...

thanks for sharing, as this is a valuable learning opportunity for everyone too. please keep us posted on how things go. good to hear you're taking it fairly well and not letting it shake your positive spirit.

CDN6R

This is terrible,and on your new bike too. I am very glad that you are OK and not seriously hurt,bikes can be repaired. Take it easy my friend for a while and get some rest. For some reason a few members on our forum seem to be getting in trouble lately,please all of us must ride with caution. Just thank God Mike that you had the good sence to have the proper gear on to protect your self and you sister had the good sence to make you get yourself checked out. Take care of your self,and hopefully you will be `back in the saddle`soon.... Laurence(Laurie)Potter

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

stevet

We are all very saddened by what happenned to you Mike. One second we're on top of the world and the next second we're on the bottom it seems. We need to do all we can to learn and educate ourselves to help prevent accidents from happening. I came up with a really informative read for all of us. Motorcycle safety - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hopefully when we read safety info enough it will help us in a time when things could of gone terribly wrong.
Steve

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Glad to hear you will heal my friend.:) Sorry about the new bike.:( Good luck and stay safe. ;)