Don't point the toes down on a turn!!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I have toe sliders for a reason, that's how I know just how low I am since I took my peg feelers off. Only problem is if your not used to it, you do exactly what you said. You freak thinking "oh shit I'm gonna low side" when in fact you probably have a lot more lean left then you think.

redwing-2001

I dont recall them mentioning the foot position in the MSF course and the riding session had these 150cc cruisers so they never taught us about foot position on a sportier bike.
It should have been covered with Question 57 from the Student Handbook:
"Describe good riding posture". On page 20: "Keep both feet on the footrests near the controls". Also, a good RiderCoach will mention a dangling foot to a student on the range and suggest a solution. I would tell the student to keep the balls of their feet on the footrest, near the control-not on top or underneath the lever. You don't want to go over a bump or something and engage the control when you really didn't mean to.
In the ARC (advanced), if it comes up, I will suggest: while riding keep the balls of your feet on the footrests and your heels locked in toward the motorcycle for better control.

buzzbomb

Elite Member