Does anyone else notice the increasing amount of FS threads for our bike?

Just curious if anyone has noticed that the FS threads are kind of increasing on this forum. What's the deal? Is everyone getting bored of the 6R?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Detrich

I think it's just that the 6R is a first bike for a lot of us. And, most ppl don't have the time or funds to ride & maintain & mod multiple bikes. =(

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

iSpoolin

Pretty much it's exactly what Detrich said. This bike is a first bike for alot of people, and people are starting to outgrow them now.

Superzoom

In between seasons, a lot of people want to buy a new bike.

Also, it could also be that there are more people buying the bike, more people joining this forum, so therefore more sales. It might just reflect the total overall popularity of the FZ6R, not its unpopularity.

freshflex

The fz6r was my first motorcycle. When I managed to save enough money to pick up a bike I knew without a doubt I wanted a sportbike but I didn't know a ton about them to really know which one was right for me. I picked up the 6r because I thought it would be a good first bike, which it was. But once I started riding is when I really started to do a lot of research in sportbikes and now I really know what I want, which is why I am selling mine.

swatguy

For me I think its a combination of all the above. Springtime, more and more owners, and the fact its also a great stepping stone bike. The word is out that this inline 4 is smooth as silk and a blast to ride.

I also think its just the motorcycle world. The bike was released in 2009. Bikes are toys for a ton of people. Its about that time where people who bought them in 09/10 to be getting bored and want a new challenge as well.

I really don't think economy is at fault in most cases as the awesome thing about the FZ6R is the minimal cost to operate and maintain it. In return u get one nice fun bike that will thrill just about anyone

For me it was the beat bike for me at the time. My needs and wants have changed a little and I could afford to take advantage of something I thought would suit my needs a bit better. Who knows maybe I will be back as I will still have one in my garage. Just don't have room for 2 and one more supersport :)

Last edited:

yfz6r

A lot of it also has to do with paying insurance for a few months while not riding the bike. At that point you think back and ask yourself was the few months of riding worth all this?

I ride year round so I don't have that problem but my brother finds a good deal at the beginning of the season, pays a 6 month insurance bill then sells at the end of the season for what he bought it for.

If I ever want a change, my other half gets my fz6r.

I'll probably get an fz8 or a 2010 z1000 once I get a decent nursing position.

swatguy

My insursnce lets me drop the plan to fire, theft and damage in the off season while it's stored up. Saves me $55 on my $165 a year bill. End up paying $110 for full for the riding season. on one bike. For the 2 its 180 with my discounts.

Okay, I just am concerned about outgrowing the bike.. I put all this money into an exhaust, etc. and I'd hate to only get a year out of the bike.