Do you guys carry collision insurance?

Nmexico

Just wondering who carry collision insurance after the bike is paid off. Been thinking of dropping my collision but of course keeping uninsured motorist coverage. Collision is for those who damage the bike on their own and self fault.
Mine cost 10 per month with 1k deduct from State Farm.

I pay around 280 per year full coverage with very good limits.

Edit- my collision is 10 per month on its own.

Last edited:

BustedKnuckle

Just wondering who carry collision insurance after the bike is paid off. Been thinking of dropping my collision but of course keeping uninsured motorist coverage. Collision is for those who damage the bike on their own and self fault.

I carry full coverage, it's my first bike paid in full, I made that investment and I could screw up being a noob, I figured why add insult to my injury by not being able to afford a new bike if I were to go down, or at least if I was to hurt to work and the bikes totaled I'll get check I can use to live on, I pay way more than you like $80 a month with state farm.

b6r

i was going to drop my collision coverage too to save $$$, but for extra $118CAD per year for full coverage with $250 deductible, it's not worth the "risk" just in case.

you pay about the same money but with 1000$ deductible, imo that's a little too high for something like our bike(I don't know about you, but I paid 4500 for my bike, and if there's a >$1000 damages to it, it's most likely a write off), if I have a bike that cost >$8000, then maybe I will keep the collision with the 1000$ deductible.

aburnett

I have my insurance through Progressive. I had zero riding experience as this is my first motorcycle that I purchased in November. I have full coverage with accessory coverage up to $3,000 with comprehensive and collision with a $500 deductible. I pay $444 a year. When I bought my bike, I did pay cash up front as I didn't want a loan. I think comprehensive is a must for motorcycles. I know one person who didn't have comprehensive and someone stole his motorcycle. They damaged the bike pretty bad. His insurance didn't cover any of the damages because of the theft.

Qrider682

Edit- my collision is 10 per month on its own.

I don't have collision coverage. I would have if it's not so expensive for me ($300+ for 1k deductible). Just not worth it on a bike that is probably worth 4k now.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member