DO NOT use Goo Gone!!!!!

I saw someone on here recommending Goo Gone as an option to remove stickers and adhesive from the tank and bike. I just tried it and I lost my freaking paint on my tank.

WTF?!?!?!?

What the F do I do now? I have a huge spot on the top of my tank.

I didn't use anything. I had a paper towel! I tried a sponge too, but that was directly on the spot where the sticker was... Above the sticker there's a huge area that the Goo Gone dripped on and it just took the paint off when I wiped it away. I didn't see any paint coming onto the paper towel or sponge, so I thought it was fine. Now I have a bald spot.

va_bank

Goo Gone?

I have used it on at least a dozen cars and bikes, NEVER with any negative results (other than sometimes goo not being gone)

Are you confusing it with Goof Off?

CrazyCawi

goof off will take off paint....

CrazyCawi

omg....that blows....go get some wax and try polishing it ru sure its not just a haze?

It's not smooth anymore.. You can feel bare metal. I wiped it very well to make sure it wasn't water or something. Those are the results :(.

I'm completely shocked. I don't have any money to f'in fix this! UGH!!!!!

BoneJj

wow, I've used goo gone hundred of times on my vehicles, my parents, my friends, and so many others.

I've never once had an issue at all. I would contact the company, maybe there was a bad batch and it is taking paint off due to a bad batch?

I'm a little interested to find out more about this. That's kind of crazy!

JSP

Super Moderator
You surely did not go to bare metal... :rolleyes: If anything you just scuffed up the clear coat. Good wax/polishing and it should go away hopefully.

I wont use Goo Gone. I have never recommended it. Just do not trust it and have heard bad things even though tons swear by it. There has not been any sticker residue that I could not get off by just using duct tape to pull it off.

How long did you let it sit on there? And I do not recommend paper towels for your paint. THAT can scratch it itself..

CrazyCawi

Your bike has been repainted bro...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

It wasn't even 3 minutes....

What's odd is, if I put water on it, it looks good as new, but when it dries, it looks like that.
go get a buffing compound and high polish wax and scrub the shit out of it. you scuffed the clear. if you hadnt it would look like shit no matter u put on it.

as for your bike...its most likely been repainted.

wd40 is the best gum/glue remover. It doesnt harm the paint at all. use it on a cheap maaco paint job or a 50k specialty paint