Different engine sound

PWJ

Hey so I got a question on the engine sound. I just put on the two bros exhaust and it seems as if my engine is make a different sound now. Anyone else experience anything like this. I'm not talking about the exhaust note obviously but the actual engine. Also I put in a block in the ais system

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

PWJ

Yeah I have the juice box. I could be over exaggerating because it was with the fairings off and I never heard it but even with the fairings on something seems different. Also this is the first time I started it since putting it up for winter

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Spunky99

I had a kind of cracked sound at the exhaust. It wasn't a normal exhaust note, it had a split reed sound to it. After removing the air injector and installing the backoff plates, it went away. There are reed valves in the air induction system for the CAT to burn off the air/gas mix. Once the exhaust is open (no CAT) I could hear the reeds opening and closing when adding air into the exhaust system.

PWJ

It almost has a ticking sound to it, see I did add the plastic block off in the airbox and I'm having this sound . I will try to record it and get it posted sometime here soon

Spunky99

It almost has a ticking sound to it, see I did add the plastic block off in the airbox and I'm having this sound . I will try to record it and get it posted sometime here soon
Maybe it's the standard Yamaha tick?

PWJ

Haha. Oh man I completely forgot about reading threads about it. I'm gonna double check it tomorrow though. But I just never heard the tick before with the stock exhaust

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member