Did you ever hit your balls at the gas tank while braking?

vkamnev

I honestly thinking to get some protection for my treasure :) any ideas?

Detrich

u need to (a) get some tank grips TechSpec USA and (b) also practice pinching the tank with your thighs when you ride. you will improve stability this way and reduce pressure on your arms :)

p.s. this also will preserve & protect the boys too.. :)

vkamnev

I always pinch a tank with my tights. but every time i'm approaching lights i'm a bit afraid. I tried both seat positions, lower seems a bit better, as I'm sitting much closer to the tank, but still i'm sliding on it forward. On my previous bike, xs400, i had no such problem, possibly because brake were not as good as on fz6r.

i am still debating on tank grips, as i really like the graphics on my copper tank.

Fizzer6R

i wear padded bicycle shorts under to protect my cash & prizes, also helps stop monkey butt on those long day trips

MustGoFaster

Agree with some of the previous comments, use your legs and abs to support yourself. Try that and not breaking as hard, maybe? Can honestly say I've never had a problem with it.

vengeance44

lol i dont really hit the nuts while braking but once i did a clutch up wheelie almost lost it but was able to recover but i slammed the preciouses into the gas tank

redwing-2001

Agree with some of the previous comments, use your legs and abs to support yourself. Try that and not breaking as hard, maybe? Can honestly say I've never had a problem with it.
that was my first thought as well. how come you are braking so violently so often. work on smoothing that out, plan ahead, squeeze don't grab, knees against tank, elbows bent.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

danieljardim

being a big guy if i dont grip the tank really hard, my "treasure" get crushed. usually happens early in the morning when I'm still half sleep...

SpawnXX

Premium Member

BKP

Well, thanks, vkamnev, for bringing something up that I was wondering about... Didn't have this with my previous bike, and not so much getting slammed into the tank (I practice gripping the tank, and using the core, etc.), as having my jeans tighten up, uncomfortably, due to the slope of the seat.

Switching to textile pants, to see if it helps (perhaps my jeans are just too... ahhh... form fitting), and raising the seat... we'll see...

applejax

Maybe it's just me but I grind the cheese out of the tas tank when I sit.

Aka, I sit right next to the tank, kinda on the tank. Nuts never get squished.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm usually good, but the worst one is when going down a steep incline with the wife on the back and have to hit the brakes when she is not expecting it... :zombie: Yeah.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MustGoFaster

I only hit my twig and berries on the tank when I hit a bump that was bigger than expected. (Seeing all the other terms used so far, maybe we should see how many terms we can come up with for our wedding tackle. Each new post, you need to use a term that hasn't been used yet for Mr. Johnson and the boys.)
I also brace my arms when I break or am going downhill so my distinguished gentleman sitting on 2 duffel bags never makes contact with the tank. :D

Either way that reminds me, I need to get a tank cover. Just in case.

SurfJunkie

Ive never racked myself on my tank.

I dont know wtf you guys are doing. My seat is in the "high" position. I typically slide my ass as far back on the seat as possible, pinch the tank with the knees/thighs, and sit up or tuck in depending on wind conditions/speed. I also anticipate when I'm going to break considering I control the lever and what not. Pinch the tank harder if I'm going to break harder.

If you are sitting balls against the tank, it makes it real hard to move your body at all and its not comfortable. I personally like to shift my ass/hang off a little in turns.