Did my very first oil change.

bikerchick13

I did my first oil change Saturday.I used Amsoil 10/40,and it was easy.I prayed first of course. this is before, View attachment 18682

this is during,oil change 002.jpg

during View attachment 18684

and this is after it's back together View attachment 18685 And I wanted to thank cbzdel for the pics and info.It was very very useful as I dont have the service manual yet. I spoke with the service guy at the dealer and he said all he does is change oil,check fluids,and check bolts and thats pretty much it for $160.00.I figured I could change it my self and the other stuff for a lot less.I also didn't have to leave my bike.:D: D: D: rockon:

Spunky99

Hey BC13,

How many miles were on it and what did the oil look like in the oil filter.
I did mine at about 88 miles and the oil was a thick grey color in the oil filter.

bikerchick13

Hey BC13,

How many miles were on it and what did the oil look like in the oil filter.
I did mine at about 88 miles and the oil was a thick grey color in the oil filter.
Sad to say:spank::surrender:2218,It was kinda brown,you can see the color of the oil in the 3rd pic,View attachment 18686 that was with out the oil filter. But I can say that the Amsoil makes a big diff.

ArkAngel06

That was your first oil change? 2,218?

The reason you are supposed to change it at 600 is to clear out the metal shavings that get in the oil from the pistons and other internal parts. By leaving all that in there, you have a good chance of causing damage.:(

bikerchick13

That was your first oil change? 2,218?

The reason you are supposed to change it at 600 is to clear out the metal shavings that get in the oil from the pistons and other internal parts. By leaving all that in there, you have a good chance of causing damage.:(
I know there isn't an excuse for waiting so long.:surrender:
I'm going to start stock piling my oil so I can change sooner.How many miles between oil changes now with the break-in period over? The service tech said 4000 miles with Amsoil.thx

streetmaster

I do my first oil change (all my bikes!) at about 20 miles.
As soon as I get the bike home from the dealer!
I just want to get those shavings out ASAP!! :D
Then as per manual

Roaddawg

2218 for your break-in change???!!! :spank: Hope all is well inside. Now it is every 4k for the oil. It says every other oil change for the oil filter, which I did on the last one (12K) since I had the K&N in there with semi-synthetic. But, since I bought six of the Purolators cheap, I'll change them each oil change.

MikeN02

How did you get the oil filter off? Screw driver method?

I do my first oil change (all my bikes!) at about 20 miles.
As soon as I get the bike home from the dealer!
I just want to get those shavings out ASAP!! :D
Then as per manual
So rich... you must buy a lot of bikes brand new!

husker525

Bikerchick!!! Strong work!! For those of you interested in using Amsoil, PM me or email me (better option) at [email protected]. I may be able to hook you up with Amsoil at your doorstep. I cannot post my prices on a public forum, but email is fine!!

I have a supercross race this weekend that I am prepping for, so please be patient if you contact me this week. Thanks!!