DFW to Shreveport

Bluefang

Hey guys,

Taking a weekend trip to Shreveport this weekend (fri-sun). If anyone lives along the way and wants to ride let me know. I'm not on a schedule so any detours for a ride on nice roads would be great.

Also, a question for anyone in shreveport. Is there an area that I should avoid? I'm traveling alone and I know in my town there are places I wouldn't stop and leave my (currently unalarmed) bike parked even if just stopping for lunch (I try to park where I can see it from inside but not always possible).

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Taking a weekend trip to Shreveport this weekend (fri-sun). If anyone lives along the way and wants to ride let me know. I'm not on a schedule so any detours for a ride on nice roads would be great.

Also, a question for anyone in shreveport. Is there an area that I should avoid? I'm traveling alone and I know in my town there are places I wouldn't stop and leave my (currently unalarmed) bike parked even if just stopping for lunch (I try to park where I can see it from inside but not always possible).
There are a couple of us in Shreveport. What is the nature of your trip? I ask, because you may not even encounter some of the areas to avoid depending on why you are in town and what you'll be doing/visiting. Plus, most of the areas you would want to avoid don't really have places that I think you would be stopping, unless you were looking for drugs or nasty prostitutes. :p

Anyway, if you are looking to hang with some other members, shoot myself or Uno979 a PM. Not entirely certain if Uno is back in town this weekend, though.

If you have places you are visiting and want to know specifically what the area is like, just let me know.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Bluefang

The nature of my trip is to avoid staying home and doing nothing. My partner’s out of town so I thought I’d go exploring. I plan to just drive around Shreveport and stop at anything that looks interesting. Try to find a hole in the wall diner (sometimes they have the best food). If I get bored I’ll start hitting up the typical tourist spots. I hear the red river district is interesting. I also wanted to watch The Raven at some point.

Are there really prostitutes in Shreveport? I’ve never actually seen one, could be interesting. Anyway, it would be great if we could meet up. You both have mods that I’m planning to get and I’d love to hear the TBR exhaust in person.

I can’t really come up with a schedule since I don’t know how far away the good roads are but I’m free all weekend so whenever is good for you guys works for me.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

6R Blackout

Man if you guys weren't 4-5 hours north of me I would ask to join you all for a ride! To bad for me I am all the way down here in New Orleans. There's not really anywhere fun to ride around here, anything close to fun is about a 1 hour ride north of the city!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Man if you guys weren't 4-5 hours north of me I would ask to join you all for a ride! To bad for me I am all the way down here in New Orleans. There's not really anywhere fun to ride around here, anything close to fun is about a 1 hour ride north of the city!

We'll have to try to plan something where we can meet up sometime for a ride. Maybe around Alexandria or something.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
As far as this afternoon, I'm at work for most of the morning. I'll post on here when I am leaving work, if you guys are free we can try to get together.

Hit me up on the cell later 309-241-7180.

Bluefang

I'm headed out to the boardwalk then ill just be at tourist spots. So whenever anyone's free just post and we'll meet up wherever is convenient or text me 201-815-3997

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Finally leaving work! Who's up for some shenanigans? :eek:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Alright, so Uno is busy tonight, and I've got things that should probably be done tonight. Are you two cool with meeting early tomorrow, riding til we run out of gas and then grabbing lunch at some hole in the wall joint?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

6R Blackout

Hey 99 can I be there tomorrow in spirit? :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Hey 99 can I be there tomorrow in spirit? :)

Absolutely!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

6R Blackout

Go do track days and we will be jealous. NOLA track looks amazing!
It is nice but VERY VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

6R Blackout

We'll have to try to plan something where we can meet up sometime for a ride. Maybe around Alexandria or something.
Maybe in the fall. I have my daughter all summer and I wouldn't want to leave her for a weekend! Anyways the fall would probably be nicer weather and it would give us all time to plan an awesome weekend! Well lets keep it going and see who from Louisiana wants to jump on board! I think we would have a pretty decent group.:thumbup:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk