Decent FE kit?

Riccochet

I bought this cheap one and am using the motodynamics integrated tail lite.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-2008-2013-Eliminator-License-Bracket/dp/B00B9HBGV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373630634&sr=8-1&keywords=fz6r+fender+eliminator"]Amazon.com: Yamaha 2008-2013 FZ6R Fender Eliminator License Plate Bracket: Automotive[/ame]

xleeb0y13x

Granted the dmp fe is 50$ but I was surprised at how solid the part was. Very good fitment and the angle the plate works perfect with the Motodynamics taillight. I think it was worth the price.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

Neme

Last edited:

LocoLechero

I just got my DMP FE waiting for my Motodynamics tail light - my after thought now will i be able to pass NYS inspection :( ? If not can i still install some tail light signals along with my moto integrated light?? :confused::confused:

Neme

Here in PA I think the law is the turn signals have to be 6 or 7 inches apart. I haven't had any problems with failing inspection with my integrated tail, so I don't really think people care to much. But yes you can. Unplug the turn signals from the tail, and plug the stock ones bck in then zip tie them on each side of the grab bar. Easy way to get by inspection.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

I just got my DMP FE waiting for my Motodynamics tail light - my after thought now will i be able to pass NYS inspection :( ? If not can i still install some tail light signals along with my moto integrated light?? :confused::confused:
Yup. Just did that myself using the dmp turn holes.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374984364.972167.jpg

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

Neme

Agreed, it varies depending on where you go. The shop I go to said they had to be 6 inches apart. May get an integrated and slap the led rears on for inspections or run both.
The LED turn signals on the under tail are neat but I don't know how that'd look with a sequential tail light. Might look tacky but you never know.

By the way, how you liking your bars man?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Neme

Haven't had her out yet. I finished at around 10:30 last night and went to bed around 1am and went to work at 6am until 3pm. Neighbor was having a party so I was over there most of the night. Hopeful to get out tomorrow. I wanna get plugs at Lowe's or somewhere to cover the holes from the stock risers. Someone else had some and got them from a hardware store and it makes it look much better. I love the look and feel of the clipons with the new grips and bar ends. If I get a sequential tail I will probably take the other leds off until inspection.
You must be dying to ride her. Hopefully tomorrow turns out to be nice so you can go on a nice little cruise. Yeah, those plugs complete the project.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Neme

Did you plug yours?
No I didn't, I couldn't find plugs that fit in there nicely so I gave up. But it looks much cleaner in the pictures with them plugged

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Neme

If I find some cheap that work I'll let you know or just pick up some extras. Wish I had gone out for a ride tonight. I keep going and sitting on her in the garage. I wanna ride so bad. Gonna take her to work Monday. I think it's supposed to be nice.
Alright sounds good. Just send me a part number or something if you find some! Yeah Monday should be nice I think. you'll like the change, much "sportier".