Dealership Screw Up

sldwys87

Well when my fz6r reach the 600 mile mark, i debating taking it to the dealership for the check up, well i did. It took them four days to do everything. Anyways, i went to pick the bike up and a couple of days before taking the bike to them, i had noticed that one of the clips on the plasitc piece around the gauge cluster had popped out.(so i was going to get them to fix it). I pick it up, theres no clip in the plastic piece, the bike has finger prints and grease all over it. Finally after talking with the manager about the clip, he got someone to come out to put one in. (which didn't go well, so they had to take it in the back) Well thirty mins later, i'm on my way-all is well, right?? I get home and can't ride, because of the rain and work. So the bike sits for two days in the garage and i come out Sunday and notice oil on the floor, I check around the bike and notice its coming from the drain plug.... So i tighten it up and hadn't seen any since. So today, i called the service manager and told him about the problem and said it could have been very bad if my motor would of locked up or something else. He said, bring it in again and they would check everything out again. It just pisses me off that i pay $230 and a simple task of checking the oil drain plug they couldn't get right, it makes me wonder about the rest of the bike.(Sorry for the rant):mad:

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

That really sucks. Especially since you had to pay for it. I thought services were included when you buy a bike from a dealership but maybe it depends???

fz6rwolf

That really sucks. Especially since you had to pay for it. I thought services were included when you buy a bike from a dealership but maybe it depends???
Not where I got mine.

porky45

the first service can always be included in the sale of the bike (if they charge you more haha.)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

good thing you caught it!! If you leaked out all your oil and locked the engine, the dealer would really give you hell trying to blame them..

JonKerr

Elite Member

porky45

Hey Jon...

do you mind telling me where this was at? I live in san diego as well and would like to avoid this dealership.

JonKerr

Elite Member

btastarsky

IMO, if you aren't happy with the quality of work from a dealership or shop, change shops. Although $230 is an awful lot for an oil change. I did that part myself plus all my chain lubings. I had my dealership do the 1k service and only paid $145. Maybe's its the location difference. PA rates even in car shops are only like $60-$75 per hour.

sldwys87

Well i plan on buying the service manual and doing all other routine work myself. I called the service manager, he said, to bring it back up for a free check up. which i'm not going to do. they probably would just take it in the back for an hour and say everything is good.

cbzdel

dreamer0716

I'm getting my first service here tomorrow! I just rolled on 615 miles. I hope everything goes well. So far the dealer I go to is decent... So far. When I got the bike I was promised a full tank of gas and it be road ready, well I ended up with an empty tank of gas and when I went in for some additions, they ended up telling me my handlebars were not in the right position. So I hear ya when you have some Dealership rants. Hope all goes well with everyone else!