Dealer First Service

WenMark

Just wondering what the dealer is charging for their 600 mile first service and what it is running everybody mine was $248.59 today. I guess they checked everything? I got a 50% discount when I bought it so I paid $130 today. Do you think that is good or did I get charged too much? What is everyone else paying I'm comparing notes Thanks. :)

roidrage

i payed $160 for my first service with no discount. They also threw in a 300 dollars for me to spend on anything else in the dealership... so i got a pair of sidi boots :)

cbzdel

I paid around $50 and did it myself, and have a few cans of lubes and cleaners still left :)

At the dealer I am thinking $200-$250 is about average from what I have read in the past..

Verranth

I paid $155

WenMark

Yep I think they took me for a little $$ there. I was tired and not paying attention this AM. Says it takes 2 labor hours per Yamaha (what a bunch of BS). i should of only payed $70 with my 50% discount. But I called another dealership and they said it only takes 1. What a bunch of ripoff artists. Next time I do it myself.

neshi

Mine was came free with purchase but it was marked on my invoice as $175 and subtracted from the cost of the bike!

Root Down

I paid $160 but they didn't touch the throttle body which would have bumped it to just over $200 with parts and labor.

demon408

did mine 2 day

35 and i did it myself. 20-50 3 quarts and oil filter, just give the bike a once over and chain lube, thats all the stealership does

JonKerr

Elite Member

demon408

$5 a month extra on my payment and I get all maintenance for first 16000 miles included, front of line service in the service department and 30% off pretty much everything in the store and up to 60% off on new tires. Well worth it IMO.
dang thats a great deal. 60 bucks a year u lucky a$$, i would have sign up 4 that

JonKerr

Elite Member

KelownaKeith

I paid $210 CAN which is a total rip off but what can you do? The Yamaha dealer here charges $100/hour! For what I imagine is maybe 40 minutes work, if that. They say they "check" a lot of stuff but who knows?

I went in for my 7000km service and was charged just over $100 for basically an oil change and chain cleaning.

Motorcycling is not cheap.

gizmogirl

Hey KelownaKeith.. I too am from Kelowna and own a black FZ6R. I know that all of the dealers in our area are expensive but I guess they are in the business of making money. One of the guys on this forum has the Service Manual for sale and it sure would cut down on your costs if you could do some of the work yourself. The manual doesnt cost that much and can be downloaded in PDF or you could order the CD.

Gizmogirl

KelownaKeith

Hey KelownaKeith.. I too am from Kelowna and own a black FZ6R. I know that all of the dealers in our area are expensive but I guess they are in the business of making money. One of the guys on this forum has the Service Manual for sale and it sure would cut down on your costs if you could do some of the work yourself. The manual doesnt cost that much and can be downloaded in PDF or you could order the CD.

Gizmogirl
Hey Gizmogirl, nice to meet you. Unfortunately I live in a Condo and don't have the facilities to do this stuff myself. I'd be afraid of screwing the bike up anyway. Good suggestion tho for someone that's handy and has a garage.