Dealer deal: 0 miles new 09' yellow FZ6R $6000

Gunn4r

Just a heads up cause it seemes like a pretty good deal for a bike sitting on the showroom floor. Escape Motorsports in Provo Utah has one 2009 FZ6R left and is selling it for $6000. Brand new, no miles. It's the yellow one with the star graphic on the fairings. Heres their web addy: http://www.escapemotorsports.com/

Cheers!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Spunky99

Mine went OTD at $5500.00 one year ago.
I think they are gouging you for an almost 3 year old bike.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Kinda steep

dndfindley

Just a heads up cause it seemes like a pretty good deal for a bike sitting on the showroom floor. Escape Motorsports in Provo Utah has one 2009 FZ6R left and is selling it for $6000. Brand new, no miles. It's the yellow one with the star graphic on the fairings. Heres their web addy: Provo, Utah, Polaris, Suzuki, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Utility Vehicle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Accessories, Apparel

Cheers!
Not a great deal but not a bad one either. You'll probably ride away happy due to the fact that you didn't get taken too badly and you have a bike that is probably the exact same as a 2011 model and you paid more than a thousand less for it. The dealer is happy because he made a profit. If you're willing to drive a lot of miles to get a better deal you can probably find one on Cycletrader.com. However if the dealership that is offering you the deal is also going to be the one who is going to be servicing your bike I would give them serious consideration. I recently purchased a new 2009 FZ6R that was still in the crate from the local Yamaha dealership, one I have dealt with before, for $5800.00. Paid no taxes and only the dealer fees on top of that. A dealership close by that you trust is sometimes worth a few extra dollars. David

Detrich

Dang, John... Which dealership did you get your 6R from in SoCal so cheap?

I bought mine used in Jan 2010, and I still paid more than that... =(

Spunky99

Dang, John... Which dealership did you get your 6R from in SoCal so cheap?

I bought mine used in Jan 2010, and I still paid more than that... =(
Del Amo Motorsports were motivated....and I spent 5 hours there with the $$ paper going back and forth like 6 times.

Cbye

Just got mine 2 weeks ago. $5,400 before tax + lic + assembly. $7,023 after. Try to get them to drop the assembly charge. I heard after the fact that it's an easy one to get them to drop. Just tell them you refuse to pay it cause your buying what you see not any sort of labor.

Detrich

i c... thanks for sharing the info.

in addition to your negotiations, it might've also been that bike sales were just slower during that time frame- due to the recession. and, dealers were more desperate. i remember yamaha also had some of the steepest sale incentives ever during that time... a lotta owners on the r6 forum also reported insane deals on their bikes as well.

but, in the current climate, i'm not sure that those deals can be replicated, since the economy's slightly better, summer is here, and the japan quake has delayed dealer inventories for several months... :headscratch:

either way though, u got an awesome deal on your bike. :)

Del Amo Motorsports were motivated....and I spent 5 hours there with the $$ paper going back and forth like 6 times.

Spunky99

i c... thanks for sharing the info.

in addition to your negotiations, it might've also been that bike sales were just slower during that time frame- due to the recession. and, dealers were more desperate. i remember yamaha also had some of the steepest sale incentives ever during that time... a lotta owners on the r6 forum also reported insane deals on their bikes as well.

but, in the current climate, i'm not sure that those deals can be replicated, since the economy's slightly better, summer is here, and the japan quake has delayed dealer inventories for several months... :headscratch:

either way though, u got an awesome deal on your bike. :)
Don't forget the devalued US Dollar.....

Fizzer6R

Just got mine 2 weeks ago. $5,400 before tax + lic + assembly. $7,023 after. Try to get them to drop the assembly charge. I heard after the fact that it's an easy one to get them to drop. Just tell them you refuse to pay it cause your buying what you see not any sort of labor.
I'm a bit confused how a $5400. deal went to over $7k ?... and was it a left over 09 or newer?

Detrich

assembly (and freight) charges range anywhere from $450 to $1200. less-than-scrupulous dealers often use a "low advertised price" tactic to get you in the door. and, then they tack on all these so-called "assembly" or "freight" charges/ fees afterwards to basically negate Yamaha cash back rebates or to raise the price. part of negotiating is recognizing this, and not allowing them to tack those on. if they refuse, then continue shopping...

in so cali, $5,400 b4 taxes & lic should be approx $6,200 - $6,300 otd. that's from an honest dealer not tacking on the fees/ charges. if the dealer were to pile on extraneous fees, then that's how you get to over $7k, i'd imagine...