Cyclists - the other OTHER jerks

Spunky99

This video is pretty much exactly what i mean... here an old guy walks out on to a one way street... and a cyclist is going down it the wrong way and hits him... note the attitude by the cyclist.

Biker Collides Head-On With Old ManVideo
I carry a knife everywhere I go. Good to cut off the tag end of a line after tying a fishing hook to a loose thread hanging from your pants. I'd never use it on a person unless I absolutely had no option to run or de-escalate a situation. and I certainly won't use it to threaten someone.
I will use it without any fear to pop a tire through the sidewall. I can pay for the tire and I have AAA to come out. cars or bicycles makes no difference to me. I think this was New York where the cars and bicycles have the right away but here in Cali it is the opposite. He'd have to run away with the bike on his shoulder to get away if he hit me.

I wonder how much a jaywalking ticket is compared to a ticket for driving the wrong way on a one way street?

tractorboy

around here they always complain that they have the same rights as vehicles.
they will ride on the road, share, but when it comes to stop lights/intersections, then they are 'only pedestrians' and go right through them, than they become 'equals' again.
OMG looks like I wrote that as I say the same Damn thing. I hate them with a passion. Down our way "in the country" they ride all over. They bitch that they have a right to the road but stop signs...nope not for THEM.....it effects their workout or what not. almost creamed one/crashed when it turn right onto a busy rural route from a side street. I stopped her and was all over her and she had NO CLUE she did anythig wrong..just a deer in headlight..."whaaaat I didnt do anything" Arrgg. makes my blood boil...boil to an unhealty level!!!!!

ry-mac75

OMG looks like I wrote that as I say the same Damn thing. I hate them with a passion. Down our way "in the country" they ride all over. They bitch that they have a right to the road but stop signs...nope not for THEM.....it effects their workout or what not. almost creamed one/crashed when it turn right onto a busy rural route from a side street. I stopped her and was all over her and she had NO CLUE she did anythig wrong..just a deer in headlight..."whaaaat I didnt do anything" Arrgg. makes my blood boil...boil to an unhealty level!!!!!
Exactly! I see them blast through stop signs or, when they get to a red light, do a 90 degree turn into the crosswalk and now they're pedestrians... then another 90 and they're a car again. It drives me INSANE

Spunky99

Don't get too mad at them. They are doing a workout and exercising.
Eventually they will get hurt and I hope by none of us....

Funkmaxtor

I just like to "Pedal" my motorcycle when I go past them. I usually get a nice finger gesture if they are paying attention. It makes me laugh every time!

geko

What gets me upset (polite word used)... is when the cyclists won't get in line (single file), so you can pass them. They will ride side by side, going uphill and around curves, forcing anyone in a car to get backed up behind them at 10mph or less. I don't understand why they can't get in a single file line if they see vehicles behind them. There are some area where passing them on a double yellow line is difficult and dangerous, not to mention illegal. I don't understand the mentality as to why they can't be courteous and move over and allow vehicles to pass.

Just my 2 cents...
I normally ride to the nearside when I'm out on my road bike but these days when I get to a blind curve I sit well out in the road and here's why. When you ride to the nearside traffic won't wait until they can see the road is clear, they squeeze round even though they can't see and inevitably sooner or later another vehicle will be coming in the opposite direction and what do they do, swerve out of the way of the oncoming traffic and guess who gets hit - ME.

After the second time being clipped by a car I started riding well out in the road on blind curves, makes drivers think twice and if they do go, gives me some road to move into if they do cut in.

I know you get dick heads on bicycles, but you can go on YouTube and dig up dozens of videos of dick heads on motorbikes, cars, trucks, pedestrians etc.

Just as motorbikers would like cagers to ride a motorbike to appreciate how their actions affect us if you want a better understanding of why cyclist do what they do, try being one.

Cycling's a good way to stay fit and keep the weight off, both of which are good for riding a motorbike.

After all this is not a good look and that bike must be pretty much through it's suspension travel before it even hits a bump. :eek:

Attachments

Detrich

at least he's protected lol

Last edited:

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

ry-mac75

That side by side stuff makes me crazy too. Heading to the airport a few weeks ago there were four... FOUR a breast on the street. What gives them the right to dictate traffic flow? There was a bike lane as well.

Actually - here are my complaints:
1) I'm a car, I'm a pedestrian, I'm a car! - you can't be both
2) Going the wrong way down a one way
3) Riding on the sidewalk when a bike lane is available
4) Bikes that are 500m back when you make a right, refuse to slow down when they see you signal and lose their mind when they almost slam into the side of your vehicle
5) Road racer bikes 3-5 abreast, going up a hill, that will not get over.

I'm sure there are more...

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Detrich

i just dislike it when any motorist, pedestrian, bicylist, or squirrel for that matter- doesn't follow the rules of road, yield and take the right of way appropriately, and have a bad attitude... at least a squirrel sees u coming and stops before crossing the damn road.

i bicycle a lot too, and i have to say that i do feel very vulnerable on the road. majority of cars do not give a rats ass about you when you're on a bicycle- even when you are in the bicycle lane or riding as far right as possible on the road.

most bicyclists, however, incorrectly rationalize that since it requires "energy" for their propulsion, that they should be allowed to run stop signs, red lights, or otherwise circumvent any road sign, light, or posting that requires them to have to stop and then re-pedal up to speed again, which honestly is not right.

the ones that always usurp the right of way and do stupid shit will eventually pay for it... karma is a bitch.

Spunky99

I am a road cyclist....

I break every law and rule I can but don't go through intersections and put myself, life and limb in danger. Ya I run red lights and hardly ever stop at stop signs but only if it's safe.
My bike is all CF..seat post, forks, frame, bars, etc. I don't want to break anything because it's expensive to replace.
My feet are trapped in the lolipop clips and it isn't that easy to pull out in a hurry when there is an emergency and I don't need the road rash so I stay away from cagers and motorcycles.

Those guys on the huffys impeding traffic are a whole nother animal.

bjs045

i had to laugh at the preloaded squirt gun tactic. Which reminded me of my high school days. Growing up in So Cal, we never really used our windshield squirters.....soooo we would turn the passenger side one sideways. We nearly got the whole student body as we slowly drove by the main sidewalk. :D