Customizedbikeparts.com FE

Bigevildoer

Hey Guys...

Just got this FE in the mail in Thursday and installed it today.
The install was a bit of a pain in the ass -- it was the first blue version of the FZ6R that he sold and got pics of, so there were some hiccups.

The mounting slots were too far to the front of the bike, so the bolts that hold the whole thing together were too far forward. Luckily, have a dremel and some serious carving bits and managed to fix the problem (had to carve out about 2/5" of an inch. Time to install should have been about 1.5 hours with the wiring, with carving, about 3.

I'm sure that he will fix the problem on any future pieces that he sends out -- after all, I'm sure the company doesn't want a whack of returns. I have emailed him with my issues and hope to hear back shortly (he has returned all other emails within 24-36 hours max.

Note the FZ6R cutout right below the plate light.

Total cost, including shipping to Canada -- $50 USD. One hell of deal. Includes the shorty turn signals.

Take care!

T.

>

Last edited:

neshi

Not to rain on your post but all i was getting was code so ive redone the pics

Bigevildoer

Noticed that too... redid the links into clickable buttons as well...
Later!

cbzdel

looks good! the tail bag would look better with the straps under the seat though.

Bigevildoer

looks good! the tail bag would look better with the straps under the seat though.
Ok, spent about 45 minutes this afternoon trying to figure out how you arranged the straps under the seat. :surrender: The rear ones were easy, and are held in place by the 2 seat hooks when the seat is on. The front ones on the other hand I couldn't figure out for the life of me - at least not in a manner that utilizes the velco tabs. Ended up just tying them together and that seems to work... If you've done something else, care to take a photo and post it?

Later!

T.

JonKerr

Elite Member

cbzdel

Ok, spent about 45 minutes this afternoon trying to figure out how you arranged the straps under the seat. :surrender: The rear ones were easy, and are held in place by the 2 seat hooks when the seat is on. The front ones on the other hand I couldn't figure out for the life of me - at least not in a manner that utilizes the velco tabs. Ended up just tying them together and that seems to work... If you've done something else, care to take a photo and post it?

Later!

T.
I dont get mine in the mail until monday or tuesday so I will try to figure something out then.. I just seen a few pics of guys with no straps showing, so they must of figured it out haha..

Bigevildoer

It actually sticks the plate out and down farther than I was expecting. I just ordered the black one from him last night on Ebay. The pic on the black one looks a bit different than yours so we'll see when it gets here. I was thinking it'd be a bit more like the Targa one where the plate is really right up under the tail light. Oh well. I have some fabrication background. I'll modify it if needed. ;)
Well, you'll probably have to modify it a bit anyways - as per my original post with the mounting slots.

If you drill some holes up higher into the aluminum you can move the plate light higher (2 bolts - one one each side) -- You might even be able to do away with that light altogether due to the brightness of the tail light (should be illuminated enough from that alone) - IF you drill some holes into your plate and slide it up right under the tail light of course. This would cover up the FZ6R cutout completely. Don't know if the shorty turn signals would be left hanging out awkwardly or not though.

Later!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Bumblebeefz6r

I bought the same one as well from EBAY and I had the same problem. I ended up getting different mounting screws from Walmart, and it worked fine.

arcflash316

check out the one I have developed and I am selling on ebay.
Item ID 130327085518

Attachments

arcflash316

Ask Calltrex how his worked, I sold him one a few weeks ago. I got plenty of aluminum to make more of them!!!

bsoder

I bought the one from customizedbikeparts.com without the FZ6R cutout and it fits great! It was super easy to bolt on using the stock turn signals. It comes with LED signals but I'm waiting to put those on until I get the flush mounts so it doesn't look mismatched in the mean time. The only thing it was missing was 4 nuts and lock washers but I picked those up at Home Depot. I would definitely recommend this FE. :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bigevildoer

Looks like yours hangs down about as much as mine does.
I am toying with the idea of taking off the LEDs (relying on the illumination from the tail light), drilling some holes in the plate and moving it right up.
Later!

JonKerr

Elite Member

Roaddawg

It's a little higher than yours because I don't have the engraving. But you're right, not much difference now that I'm looking at both more closely. But I was thinking about doing the same thing. (Moving the plate up a bit.) I was also thinking about taking off the turn signals and mounting These on the body work in the back. Only thing is that's kind of a permanent deal since you have to drill the wire holes and mounting holes. (unless I want to replace the plastics.)
What about using double sided tape, 3M type. Someone on this site installed signals there and used the tape method and tucked the wires in between the seams on the plastic. I was thinking of doing this too.

JonKerr

Elite Member