Custom Fz6r

vitrox

the r6 lower triple has steering stops that are probably close to stock fz6r, but the clipons mounted in stock locations come within 1-1.5" of the tank. It could easily crush your hand if you weren't careful. I got my hand stuck there the first day I rode it with the new front end on it. I'm used to it now.
I actually got the sag all setup on the r6 forks last week. The stock shock was easy to setup, just a few turns and all done. Whoever I got the r6 forks from, they had it setup very odd. The front end was mushy and would dive hard during braking. I set the sag, and looked at everything else, the compression damping was all the way out, causing the front to dive. Got it setup better to my riding style. I still need to fine tune a bit, but it feels pretty good now.

riding without a windshield isn't so bad. Aside from the increased wind noise, and getting really wet when it rains, its about the same as having a fairing.

arkkornkid

riding without a windshield isn't so bad. Aside from the increased wind noise, and getting really wet when it rains, its about the same as having a fairing.
now see, I was hoping you'd say there was less noise... if I sit up completely straight to raise myself above the screen, the noise in my helmet goes away: it's the turbulent air from the front of the bike that goes right into the underside of my helmet. I suppose the double-bubble screen will be the only way to alleviate the problem.

JnT4Life

now see, I was hoping you'd say there was less noise... if I sit up completely straight to raise myself above the screen, the noise in my helmet goes away: it's the turbulent air from the front of the bike that goes right into the underside of my helmet. I suppose the double-bubble screen will be the only way to alleviate the problem.
It helps, but it doesn't eliminate it. The problem, IMO, with the Yamaha DB is that it isn't wide enough. It does help send the wind directly in front, on over my head (or at least into my face shield instead of under my helmet), but the wind still hits me in the shoulders which deflects into the underside of my hemlet. Its is still better than stock tho. I'm still waiting on the Puig.

rx9790

I went thru the same thing with my R6. Got it for bail money after buddy slid under a suburban riunning from the cops. Ebay and Craigslist were my friend then. I ended up about 2800 dollars in when done. Sold it for 3500 and wish i hadnt. Paint job was free as another friend wanted to try out a concept. Didnt like much at first but it grew on me. Ended up doing the frame matte black as it blended better.

dste0395

Haven't updated this in a long time, so here are some fresh pics. The bike is completely rideable now, I still have a few more things to buy, and do. I still need to get the case cover, and grab bar on the rear replaced because they are rashed. I also need a new clutch lever to get rid of rash.

Still haven't done any painting yet, I attempted to do some vinyl wrap, but I didn't like the way it looked on there. Just looked like a big ass sticker. Once the weather is a bit warmer i'll paint.

so anyway, just installed the integrated smoke tail the other day and removed the fender. I mounted the plate with some L brackets from home depot. The placement apparently wasn't great. The tire hit the plate and bent it, when I was doing some spirited riding today.

Do you have any photos of how you mounted your cluster like that? Or can you take a close up picture of the cluster so I can figure out the best way to mount mine?

sammacfarlane

the r6 lower triple has steering stops that are probably close to stock fz6r, but the clipons mounted in stock locations come within 1-1.5" of the tank. It could easily crush your hand if you weren't careful. I got my hand stuck there the first day I rode it with the new front end on it. I'm used to it now.
I actually got the sag all setup on the r6 forks last week. The stock shock was easy to setup, just a few turns and all done. Whoever I got the r6 forks from, they had it setup very odd. The front end was mushy and would dive hard during braking. I set the sag, and looked at everything else, the compression damping was all the way out, causing the front to dive. Got it setup better to my riding style. I still need to fine tune a bit, but it feels pretty good now.

It's been aaaaaaaaaages but I need an update on this...

vitrox

what update would you like? I haven't actually owned the fz6r for several years now. Sold it to another guy who ended up being killed in a boating accident. Not really sure what happened to the motorcycle. If anyone has questions i'd be glad to answer them through my email, [email protected]. I don't frequent this forum very often as you can see, so this is the best way to reach me.