Cushy Seat....again!

sammy56

So the weekend before last, my Airhawk sprank a leak! I was about two hours from the house in the mountains...the ride home was rough as I have become so use to the cushion.
I patched up the hole and the seat is all good again :D:D:D:D
For the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone can ride on our stock seat for more than 3 hours. Happy trails all....best weather of the season is upon us!!!!!

LB

bobski

So the weekend before last, my Airhawk sprank a leak! I was about two hours from the house in the mountains...the ride home was rough as I have become so use to the cushion.
I patched up the hole and the seat is all good again :D:D:D:D
For the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone can ride on our stock seat for more than 3 hours. Happy trails all....best weather of the season is upon us!!!!!

LB
I don't think sportbikes with seats designed for sporty aggressive riding are meant to be ridden (comfortably) for more than 3 hours . . are they?

JSP

Super Moderator
Wanted one of those but worried about what just happened to you..... LEAKS. Not sure how common it is, but for the price... I dunno.

sammy56

Wanted one of those but worried about what just happened to you..... LEAKS. Not sure how common it is, but for the price... I dunno.
Good news is the patch (patch kit came with product) is working for now....
I have over 15K on the Airhawk, but I agree they are a little pricey ($150 if I remember correctly), but still much cheaper than a new seat and I can take it with me if I ever change out bikes. But again, only if the leak remains fixed!
Definitely a risk, but so far worth it. If the leak breaks through again, I will have to research alternatives though....

sammy56

Can you please post pics and or a link to the website of wehre you obtained this product?
You can get them at many websites...just google it. Revzilla sells them too.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Yeah, it ain't easy, but it's doable. I took the bike to Vegas and back, (about 4 hours) and it was kinda rough on the 'ol buns. :D Fun ride, though.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

flyingminno

The farthest I went with the stock seat in a day was 630 miles, that was with the help of bicycle shorts. After getting the seat redone, I went from Colorado Springs to Las Vegas in a day, with no bicycle shorts. So the seat, with a little help, can be pretty comfortable. :)

redryder64

After getting the seat redone, I went from Colorado Springs to Las Vegas in a day, with no bicycle shorts. So the seat, with a little help, can be pretty comfortable. :)
So what did "getting the seat redone" entail?!?... Mine kills my tailbone... everything else is great... Just the cinderblock seat!

sammy56

So......
Patch is holding up so far. A short ride last Sunday and a couple days of commuting to work this week...all good!!

LB

sammy56