cruising rpms a bit high?

yillbs

Ive read other posts of people saying 70mph is at 6 grand. And I saw some videos of fz6r going 70 dead on at 6k. My bike at 70 is 6.5k. What does everyone elses do at 7k?

Pinarello Rider

Ive read other posts of people saying 70mph is at 6 grand. And I saw some videos of fz6r going 70 dead on at 6k. My bike at 70 is 6.5k. What does everyone elses do at 7k?
about the same as you and everyone else. Takes some getting used to.

heavychevy69

Not to thread jack but how high is to high to hold for extended periods of time?(45 min) sometimes I have to go 85+ to keep up with traffic

yillbs

hi

Not to thread jack but how high is to high to hold for extended periods of time?(45 min) sometimes I have to go 85+ to keep up with traffic
As long as its broke in youn can cruis at 85 all day long. Dont go 100 for an hour if thats what you mean.

flyingminno

If you got your bike used, check to make sure the gearing was not changed by the previous owner. I changed the sprocket size in the rear to allow for more top end and comfortable cruising speed.

yillbs

If you got your bike used, check to make sure the gearing was not changed by the previous owner. I changed the sprocket size in the rear to allow for more top end and comfortable cruising speed.
Nah its not used. 500 rpms arnt the end all be all. I was just curious as to what others got cruising at 70mph

ajones70

I was doing 100kph (60-65mph) and am at 5000rpm....

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member