Crashed

vkamnev

Crashed on Friday night all on my own. Got away with a broken wrist. Didn't see a bike yet, though could be bad.

All my own fault as I did everything what I should not do. Will tell you all the details when get home. Best thing is police officer who come on scene was a biker too and I didn't even got a ticket :)

The best thing is that I wore all the protection I had. Still got some road rush on the arm as sleeve rolled up and few bruises. Flew over 10 meters and stopped by parking sign with my head.

So, I'm couple months off riding :(

By the way, is there any protection exist to save wrists?

Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

bummer about the bike, but woohoo you survived!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

oorgle

Sorry to hear about your accident. Wrists are hard to protect. Mine still give me small twinges of pain after my accident in April.

6R Blackout

Sorry to hear of your accident, but very glad you only got a broken wrist and didn't get a ticket. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

vkamnev

okay. finally got home. after surgery feel much better.

picture of the gear now only.

1. my jacket. sleeve rolled up, so no damage there. open vents, however left some little damage on my chest, most of taken by t-shirt. i wonder, if i had full sleeve (i taken off the textile part and left only a mesh with elbow protector) would it rolled up? anyway, my next one will be perforated leather.

2. that's where i landed on my knee. no damage in that area, though, very little road rush where perforation is.

3. no visible damage on back protector (it was over my jacket) s i'm debation if i can use it, quite expensive thing.

4. helmet, don't know if you can see damage (thin line) on this picture, but that's where i hit a pole.

5. just me :)

what happened.

so, there was very nice s turn, long, banked, and with a very wide radius, 4 lanes (two each way) i just passed a car to make it nice and easy, one problem is that i was going way to fast for my self (i'm pretty sure 6r could handle it well) and panicked (my first and major mistake). hit rear brake to slow down too late, when already leaned and was in the turn (second mistake). wheel locked, though i didn't fell then i went straight into the curb. released the brake and bike went straight (that's where i should have counter-steer again and add throttle) but i braked again (third mistake), positioning bike back into skid parallel to curb. at very last second hit front brake locking both tires and hit the curb. blacked out till the moment i stopped. all the way i rolled on the lawn so that really helped. when i got up, bike was on the sidewalk with a oil/gas spill. just before i sat in the ambulance, firefighters picked up the bike and said it's not too bad. though, needs inspection under the fairing. damage i noticed was to blinkers, fairing, handlebar and mirrors. tomorrow i'm going to the impound lot to pick it up and see the details.

sorry for the way i explained all that, typing with one hand

Attachments

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

BKP

Congrats on being ATGATT... No doubt saved you from MUCH worse (and very glad to hear it wasn't) -- the bike is fixable/replaceable...

Best of luck on healing up quick and getting back on the pony...

buzzbomb

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

It's accidents like that where the dumb ass's who say I don't wear a helmet I'd rather die are idiots .....thank god ur not one of them and u get to ride another day

Detrich

Sorry about the mishap, but glad ur ok... Hope u make a speedy recovery and get the bike fixed soon :)

in the twisties, don't ever use the rear brake... only advanced riders do that to initiate a pivot "drift" while cornering at high speeds. I think McCoy was the first guy in MotoGP to prove it can be done safely & consistently...

the only gloves on the market that offer substantial wrist protection- by way of hardshell impact armor- are the Knox Handroids. Both AMA and Moto GP crash tested, and probably the best gloves money can buy if u ask me. At $250, they are well worth it. The Alpinestars GP Pro are $400 and have some wrist protection, but not as much. Ordinary gauntlets offer some padding in the wrist area, but imo none compare to the protection and value offered by the Knox Handroids...

check out these links:

http://www.knox-lab.com/hand-armour

http://blog.planet-knox.com/2012/02/james-ellison-wears-knox-handroid-in-motogp/

Speedy recovery.

Last edited:

vkamnev

Sorry about the mishap, but glad ur ok... Hope u make a speedy recovery and get the bike fixed soon :)

in the twisties, don't ever use the rear brake... only advanced riders do that to initiate a pivot "drift" while cornering at high speeds. I think McCoy was the first guy in MotoGP to prove it can be done safely & consistently...

the only gloves on the market that offer substantial wrist protection- by way of hardshell impact armor- are the Knox Handroids. Both AMA and Moto GP crash tested, and probably the best gloves money can buy if u ask me. At $250, they are well worth it. The Alpinestars GP Pro are $400 and have some wrist protection, but not as much. Ordinary gauntlets offer some padding in the wrist area, but imo none compare to the protection and value offered by the Knox Handroids...

Speedy recovery.
thanks, though i doubt they will protect from broken wrist anyhow. well, i now have titanium alloy to protect my left wrist... :)

at least my right hand undamaged :jerk::D:D:D

vkamnev

whoops. i was taking a shower just now and my whole right "half-butt" is just blue. it's like a size of letter paper...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CDN6R

Sorry to read about your mis-hap. You say your head hit a pole?? Thank God you had on your gear. You are lucky that you did not break your neck and have a really serious injury or even death. From one fellow Canadian to another,, this is one Canada Day weekend I am sure that you will never forget.:canada: Take care my friend,,glad your "OK".