Cooling fan won't kick on.

Aboxvblinka

I just bought a 2013 Fz6R. Made it almost all the way home then, at a red light noticed the engine was 250 degrees f. Pulled over and the bike expelled a good amount of coolant. Got it home and narrowed it to the fan not kicking on. The fuze was blown, replaced that still the fan wont spin up. The fan does turn when you poke at it, nothings stopping it from spinning. I was told to check the fan relay. Can someone tell me where that is and how I should go about checking it.

Thanks!

I just bought a 2013 Fz6R. Made it almost all the way home then, at a red light noticed the engine was 250 degrees f. Pulled over and the bike expelled a good amount of coolant. Got it home and narrowed it to the fan not kicking on. The fuze was blown, replaced that still the fan wont spin up. The fan does turn when you poke at it, nothings stopping it from spinning. I was told to check the fan relay. Can someone tell me where that is and how I should go about checking it.

Thanks!
Its located under the right hand painted piece under the passenger grab handle. Give me a short bit and i will post a picture pointing to it.

Is the fuse still blowing when you replace it?

JSP

Super Moderator
Have a rock or something wedged in the fan??? See if you can free spin the fan by hand.