Cool comparison between R6 and FZ6R

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spunky99

There was some seat discussion a while back and as it turns out, the wide flat seat is most comfortable for longer periods. Farmers sit on a fairly flat metal seat all day without any problems. When I first got my 955i I thought "Oh God this is going to be a pain in the butt" when I sat on the bike but amazingly, the hard/flat foam doesn't give me any hot spots on my butt after a long ride. Even the Ducati seats are more comfortable for longer rides.

I absolutely hated the FZ6R seat for longer rides than 20 minutes.
It may as well be like my road bike seat.

Here are some comfortable seats. They may not look like it but they are. Compare them to the shape of the FZ6R and you will start to understand the ergonomics of seats.

WhiteFZ

That's right, my 954 seat is flat and it is 100 times more comfy than the FZ6R seat.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

BoneJj

This looks like the ticket.

It beats the Corbin and all the others by ergonomics just looking at it.

Yamaha FZ6/FZ6R/FZ1 Custom Nasa Visco Vinyl Dual Seat | eBay
that's not the actual seat though, they require you to go to send them your OEM seat and they have you answer tons of questions then custom build you a seat. I'm interested in what they would do for my big butt.....

It could make for a really nice end result...

Alex6

I don't think he did. He'd mentioned Ninja 250 and a Honda Rebel as a learning step to the FZ6R.
starting at 6:20 he says he likes having his r6 and ninja 250 for commuting.... he never said he had a ninja 250 and if the video is comparing the r6 and fz6r why would he say he likes his ninja 250 and r6 for commuting and not mention the fz6r.... start at 6:20 and listen to what he says im not crazy
He owns a ninja 250 and an r6.... it's not his fz.. he is just reviewing and saying IF he could only have one bike that would be it.
your right.... i had to go through and listen to that one again....:zombie:
So jon, you admit you're crazy? :D

wtnotch

The Corbin is a whole lot better than stock from a comfort standpoint. Plus, I managed to get one used for a little more than $300. There's no way I'd go back to the stock seat.

Russ

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

The Corbin is a whole lot better than stock from a comfort standpoint. Plus, I managed to get one used for a little more than $300. There's no way I'd go back to the stock seat.

Russ
damn, 300 just for a small seat??? that's nuts! I guess the same could be said of a brake caliper that cost me 400 just because the car was rare..... damn MR2s.... I miss that car, I will have another one down the road....

wtnotch

damn, 300 just for a small seat??? that's nuts! I guess the same could be said of a brake caliper that cost me 400 just because the car was rare..... damn MR2s.... I miss that car, I will have another one down the road....

I know ... but after about 30 miles or so, my butt thinks it was a really smart move :)

And, MR2s are kick ass cars! Especially on the track.

Russ

Spunky99

Don't buy a Ducati or a Triumph then.....The OEM part prices are crazy!

BoneJj

I know ... but after about 30 miles or so, my butt thinks it was a really smart move :)

And, MR2s are kick ass cars! Especially on the track.

Russ
I guess, a good butt cup is always nice.

I do miss the MR2, but with going back to school the last several years and a few more years to go it was just getting neglected way too much. I hardly drove it... I always needed more room than it had to carry my stuff for classes or work. My WRX fits the bill now, I also sold my truck before I got the WRX and now I'm back to bikes... I just can't go without 2 vehicles it seems..... lol.

yeah, I don't have a desire for either really, never cared much for triumph for some reason and ducati is just out of my price range as it is right now and will be until I start working full time again and am done with school... Having to take a brake from the toys for a while is a pain...

iSpoolin

It's not that bad with the Triumph, I can get a full gel seat for 150$ for the Daytona. OEM fairing's are expensive but small accessories aren't that bad.

Jaralaccs

That was a pretty cool video.
I'm jealous of the town he drove through 3:15-4:00 not a single person out and about, looks like a nice place to live.

I think pop culture sells people supersport bikes to people who are too worried about what everyone else thinks. He says "you can still be respected on a fz6r" who gives a crap what you ride and why. If anything, you deserve more respect for making a more logical choice.

applejax

I'm jealous of the town he drove through 3:15-4:00 not a single person out and about, looks like a nice place to live.

I think pop culture sells people supersport bikes to people who are too worried about what everyone else thinks. He says "you can still be respected on a fz6r" who gives a crap what you ride and why. If anything, you deserve more respect for making a more logical choice.
+1

its the whole "bigger is better" "faster is better" type of logic.

Kinda like someone busting on someone because they went for the v6 mustang over the v8 mustang.

Maybe i dont want a freaking v8 when the v6 suits my needs a lot better.

WhiteFZ

MR2's are awesome.

I miss mine:

iSpoolin

Sadly that is our culture nowadays. I got all kinds of flack for the FZ6R being a "Girls bike" because since it wasn't an SS it wasn't fast. Well I proved those fuckers wrong when they tried to pass me :rolleyes:

DragonBlu

Sadly that is our culture nowadays. I got all kinds of flack for the FZ6R being a "Girls bike" because since it wasn't an SS it wasn't fast. Well I proved those fuckers wrong when they tried to pass me :rolleyes:
I love that last sentence. I also proved to an R1 rider (medium skilled) that he couldn't drive off and leave me on a fifteen mile stretch of mountain road here. He kept looking back over his shoulder and I can only guess he was thinking,(maybe I have underestimated this little bike). :)