ContourHD 1080p

F

FZ6R_Blue

think i might wait a week and get the new Contour roam...Looks nice
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Contour-1600-ContourROAM-Hands-free-Camcorder/dp/B005GLFSYQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce"]Amazon.com: ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder: Camera & Photo[/ame]

BoneJj

As a precaution, make sure that you guys are also mounting a string to your camera and or mount that is tied off onto another part of the bike when using a suction mount or even one that is mounted with adhesive. If for some reason that camera gets hit enough to dislodge it's mounting surface or comes loose for whatever other reason you don't want to have to replace it and also be out your video because it hit the ground and got tore the hell up.

Always use a secondary safety line when cameras of any kind...

Bigevildoer

think i might wait a week and get the new Contour roam...Looks nice
Amazon.com: ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder: Camera & Photo
It's nice, but be forewarned - the Contour series has next to useless sound quality. Anything over 40 mph and all you hear is HIISSSSSS from the wind noise. Tried it in the waterproof casing, no better.

I've got both the GoPro 1080 and the Contour Roam - use the Roam on the helmet or facing rearwards, the GoPro for the front. Turn the sound of the Roam off completely in the video editing stage, using the GoPro's sound only.

MC#4

I just mounted mine to the left side of my helmet. I used the mount that comes with the camera. It's tricky with some odd shaped hemets but it worked for me. I actually mounted it on the edge of the visor since that was the only flat spot on the helmet. If I put my visor up, I get a great video of the sky, but when it's down it works awesome.

CrazyCawi

I have a ram mount and I mount it to my rear footpeg

Spunky99

It's nice, but be forewarned - the Contour series has next to useless sound quality. Anything over 40 mph and all you hear is HIISSSSSS from the wind noise. Tried it in the waterproof casing, no better.

I've got both the GoPro 1080 and the Contour Roam - use the Roam on the helmet or facing rearwards, the GoPro for the front. Turn the sound of the Roam off completely in the video editing stage, using the GoPro's sound only.
Have you tried one of these or a sock on the Contour?

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f6/contour-cover-24129/