contemplating a new mod

pyrocpu

LOL...i already said that I would not be able to get started on this until January...
It's mid/late March. Should be done by now, yea? :D

Craxican

I wish...i ordered late feb...but they said itd be at least 6 weeks due to it being custom and all that :( now being told more like 8

Bikegirl88

I don't believe this bike to be structurely sounds for 200HP turbo mod. You will need to spend 5k in frame, suspension and drive train mods just to keep the bike in one piece.

If 200HP is your goal there are other bikes that can put you there cheaper and safer.

With that. If you do this - it will be an amazing thing to see. I will be waiting for the progress pics!!

Craxican

o god no...lol...i'm not going crazy hp at all...in fact, without doing some SERIOUS engine and frame work, i will not be able to boost the bike more than 40hp...anything above that and it just wouldnt be safe...will definitely post some picks once i get the damn thing and can start lol

rob123

so i was wondering how this turbo mod is coming along now it is into april now. i was wondering if you started it yet??

Halon

Just out of curiousity what turbo? And what fuel? We already have (coming from a car engine perspective) extremely high compression. It would require a pretty extensive tune - retard the timing alot?

Sounds like an awesome project though, smoke em if you got em.

pyrocpu

Though by automotive engine standards, yes, the compression may be a bit higher. However, I'd like to think that automotive engines experience a lot more load, which contributes to detonation...

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Riccochet

I'm going with no. The cost and time to do a turbo on the Fz6R doesn't make sense for the maybe 30HP you'd get out of it. Plus the need to reduce compression, retard timing, increase fuel pressure. On a bike that really doesn't scream "throw a turbo on me!". After all is said and done, a few pistons burned up down the line and thousands of dollars wasted it might put down 100hp to the wheels. Might as well buy a R1 and have a faster bike, stock, for less money.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member