considering trading in

CrazyCawi

So as of recently I came across a very good deal on the 2010-2011 new Aprilla TUONO R 1k.....It seems to be a very well rounded bike with excellent reviews all around.

I have the fz6r and I have the suzuki s40 Im thinking of trading in on it. They have special APR of 3.99 for 48 months or $7699 and I have always wanted either a Aprilla or Ducati from the beginning. I sent my info the the local aprilla dealership....we'll see what happens.

the weird thing is the Tuono R is cheaper to insure than the fz6r for me....I dont get why but it is lol.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

7700 for a tuonoR? apriliausa.com lists MSRP as like $13k. that's one hell of a deal if you can get that!!

as far as insurance, it might not be considered a "sportbike." statefarm puts the 6R in the same category as the R6, so i pay through the roof for insurance :(

Fizzer6R

haven't had the pleasure of riding the newest generation Tuono, did ride the previous at an Aprilia Demo day. the bike had aftermarket sticky tires and the suspension was dialed in by who knows = it felt almost perfect on the road, the demo ride wasn't that long, but it did get us through some twistys. to me, nothing like the torque of a nice V vs. rev hungry inline

sounds like a deal, and unfortunately dealers still have even later year model left-overs, much like our FZ6R. heck there's a new 2008 APRILIA TUONO 1000 FACTORY (full ohlins suspension) W/ 2 YEAR WARRANTY on ebay right now for $9,999.00 when its MSRP was thousands $ more

yfz6r

Will more payments justify the difference in happiness each bike brings you?

Once you get used to a naked bike, you probably won't want to go back

Superzoom

I'm thinking the main reasons for not liking a bike once you've bought it are:

- poor ergonomics
- poor reliability
- motor too weak/too powerful

If you've done your research on the Tuono and it addresses all these factors, then GO FOR IT.

Life's too short to ride a bike you don't love and that doesn't stir your soul.

Osoreru

If you can get that great of a deal and it's a bike you've always wanted, I personally say go for it. Especially if it's going to give you more satisfaction in riding.

Will more payments justify the difference in happiness each bike brings you?

Once you get used to a naked bike, you probably won't want to go back
What's so different about a naked bike? I've only ever extensively ridden my 6R, and I'm kinda curious now that you say this. Is the handling and riding experience really that different?

CrazyCawi

Well the bike is rated extremely reliable for aprilla in all the reviews I read, plus it's a work of art IMO. Says it pounds through the twists effortlessly in all reviews along with a very comfortable commute bike. Not fond of low revs at higher speeds but they said in its class it's the smoothest highway bike, and you can't tell your riding a naked bike until over 80mph as the mini fairing was one of the best designed for any naked bike. We will see what they give me for trade in....if I can walk away with it for 4k o boot I will

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.327777,-93.848795
Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

yfz6r

If you can get that great of a deal and it's a bike you've always wanted, I personally say go for it. Especially if it's going to give you more satisfaction in riding.

What's so different about a naked bike? I've only ever extensively ridden my 6R, and I'm kinda curious now that you say this. Is the handling and riding experience really that different?
A naked bike gives sense of freedom. There is nothing between you and what is in front of you (you need to experience it to know what I'm talking about). And while it might not be lighter, it feels lighter because it's just handlebars up there. It just feels like you can whip it around howevery you want to. Also, no rattling, wich is my favorite thing!

Just read the frame is under 10 kg and the swing arm 5kg. Dry weight of 399lbs.
That thing is going to be incredibly torqie and maneuverable. I'd love to ride one

Last edited:

b_who

I say go for it CC. The bike looks beautiful and i just got done looking it up and i gotta say I'm impressed with it.

but u gotta make sure to visit here if you get the bike haha

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Doncan

Japanese motorcycles, especially sportsbikes are the most expensive to insurance due to their popularity and crash records...

Fenixgoon

Odd. I have State Farm and insurance has been rather cheap. I have full coverage on both my car and my bike, and it's $100 a month total.
i pay 100/mo each for my car and bike (both statefarm). definitely gonna switch next time i need to renew my car insurance.

plus i will be 25 and get discounts!

Osoreru

Odd. I have State Farm and insurance has been rather cheap. I have full coverage on both my car and my bike, and it's $100 a month total.
I have state farm as well. It's $46 a month for full coverage for my 6R.

Also, you sound completely smitten CC, so go for it and good luck :p

Deanohh

That's got to be a great bike and great deal. The engine is very similar to the Suzuki TL1000 that I used to have.... huge power, torque and revs.... smooth too. The only thing I wonder about is getting parts. I had a switch go out on my wife's Aprilla and when getting it fixed under warranty, the dealer said "might be 3 days, might be 3 months" so I said forget it and got the part on Ebay and fixed it myself.

Did you say you demo rode that thing?.... if you did they've probably got you already. This is for sure the time of year to buy.

I've gotten great deals on winter bikes. The only thing is by the summer I was tired of them and had to get something else.

See red

So as of recently I came across a very good deal on the 2010-2011 new Aprilla TUONO R 1k.....It seems to be a very well rounded bike with excellent reviews all around.

I have the fz6r and I have the suzuki s40 Im thinking of trading in on it. They have special APR of 3.99 for 48 months or $7699 and I have always wanted either a Aprilla or Ducati from the beginning. I sent my info the the local aprilla dealership....we'll see what happens.

the weird thing is the Tuono R is cheaper to insure than the fz6r for me....I dont get why but it is lol.

I have had several Aprilias. I have a futura, I would say it is probably going to be the most interesting, in a great way, ride you will ever own. Just know, you WILL want more..... Aprilias lol!!!! You should get a run in on the Falco.. for the "older" model, you would sh!t!!!! lol! You should be warned that it is going to be a ton of bike if you have not ridden anything of that caliber before. But I say go for it! You won't be sorry.

See red

One more thing... AF1 is your freind.... like here you will find a ton of nice peeps, and HUGE amounts of info. that they will give you. Get your parts there, it's easier. The dealers tend to be only interested in selling new bikes, not parts, mostly due to the fact that they really don't break often.