Consequences of gravel

R

Raid The Revenge

Here's the solution:

1) Your situation could have ended up being WAY WORSE. You can thank your higher power for that.

2) Wait. Someone will most likely want to turn their blue FZ6R into a naked machine. They'll want to sell their body panels, which you can buy for cheaper.

3) Leave the turn-signal.

4) The black cover? You could get another one of those for less than $100 if you look around. Replace that and you're done!

Funkmaxtor

I also live in PA and this crazy amount of rain over the past 3 weeks has made all the back (fun) roads a nightmare. Everything is washed out. Glad to hear that you are ok.

V

vdbergj1

Ouch!:( glad your fine.

bummer...time to go naked? LOL jk
yip, there was some compliments, in another thread, on the 6R's headlight in the naked look from some guys that did not recognize a 6R without the fairing, they just wanted to know where he got that nice head light ;) - but then again the fairing is what make the 6R...

J

jhosler

I also took my bike out on the back country road over the father's day weekend. One road we went on had 4 90* turns on it. all 4 turns had a lot of gravel on them, took the bike down to 2nd gear and went through the turns. It was knida scary feeling the rocks roll under the tires. I kept it upright, It was my first time riding through gravel like that.

Well in Florida the biggest fear for bikers is always sand on the sides of the road.

M

Moses195

I made my maiden voyage today. I watched every inch of road for 44 miles. Saw and ran over some gravel very slowly. I watch TOO much I thinks.
Glad you're OK. I'm old so I ride slow but love every minute of it!!

W

wildman

I think its a good idea for everyone to practice on gravel and sand. I personally live off a gravel road, which forces me to ride on it everyday.

Everyone should get a little refresher, find some gravel or sand. :thumbup: