Concealed Carry

I have had my concealed handgun license since I moved to Texas a few years ago and have always carried. However, while riding I have not found a decent place to carry. My EDC is a Glock 22 in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe IWB holster (BEST hoster!!).

Anyone here carry that might offer up some decent carry options? I've a considered shoulder holster. Thanks for any advice!!

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member
The problem is my riding position /wind causes my jacket to rise up and reveal my firearm. My typical clothing (button up shirt and slacks) easily conceal the full size...I've been riding without but there are certain areas here in San Antonio that a firearm is a must. Perhaps storing it in a tank bag, but then I have to worry about the zipper and reaching it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member
Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

BKP

I use a Galco standard holster with a Glock 19. It carries high and tight, with very little, if any imprint. When I ride, I'll pull my shirt out, and let it hang out loosely -- it doesn't reveal anything with the jacket over the shirt, even if the jacket rides up.

And I *always* carry when I ride at night... often during the day, depending...

I've tried the in-waistband holsters, and just can't get comfortable riding with one of those...

Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Nyuu

I have to agree with MadMike on all points. I don't CC yet, but when I have gone to the range, I've never felt comfortable with the weapon anywhere other than the hip. Easier to pull, safer barrel directions, and I find being able to see it easily with my peripherals just helps with peace of mind.

I'd say find a way to stick with the hip. It's worth sacrificing a little bit of comfort to try different hip locations. I wouldn't want the chest holster to even be considered. I'm very confident with a gun and I still get nervous having the barrel of a loaded gun facing anywhere near my heart :)

LS6TT

I daily carry a fullsize 5" Springfield 1911 on my right hip in a crossbreed when I ride and when I am not riding. Works just fine for me, my jacket conceals it and my shirt does when im off the bike.

Chevyfazer

I've tried carrying my CZ SP-01 a couple times on my bike while going to the range but the Falco lt 34 holester I have for it just makes it impossible to conceal with the size, and very uncomfortable while on the bike. So instead of trying to fit a square into a circle I've been looking for something a little smaller for CC, and since I'm in love with my CZ, it will probably be a CZ P-07

Your crossbreed is tuckable. It is designed to tuck the shirt over the firearm and into the holster. Are you wearing it that way, or just wearing a short loosely over it, and over the jeans/pants themselves?

If your shirt is tucked in, you should be fine even if the jacket rides up.

See below:

Crossbreed SuperTuck - Untucked & Tucked - YouTube
LOL....of all the things I thought about I forgot to think of the easiest solution. Wow, I way over thought this. Well, I guess I'll just tuck my darn shirt in...lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member