clutch springs?

SoCal600

Has anyone ever looked into using stiffer clutch springs? I have 52k on my bike, i changed my factory clutch springs at 36k to EBC heavy duty springs that advertise 10-15% stiffer over factory. I changed the springs just because i wanted a harder pull, which it did feel a little stiffer but barley noticeable. Would Possibly the last gen fz6 clutch springs work on our bike? Springs are made to suite horsepower and given the fz6 has 20 more horsepower in theory their springs should be stiffer? if anyone has input please chime in :)

Superzoom

I'm guessing that you're not noticing much difference because the clutch system on the FZ6R was so well designed. It has one of the lightest pulls of any bike I've tried, bar a few dirt bikes I've ridden. I think it is just a very clever, efficient and mechanically advantageous design, so that even if you use stiffer springs, it will still seem like a light pull.

Not sure why you are trying to stiffen the pull, when our bikes have only 66 hp. The only reason to use stiffer springs is if the clutch is slipping when it shouldn't be.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SoCal600

To superzoom; yes our bikes are around 66hp upto 78hp with good mods. Having higher miles on my clutch i like the feel of a slightly harder clutch. 52k miles of which prolly 45k is highway and stop and go traffic. The EBC heavy duty springs cost only $10 on ebay thats why i bought them at 36k. Replacing the springs is a good PM item IMO because over extended use they will get weak and allow a good clutch to wear out faster because they cant hold and apply the pressure needed. Our bikes are engineered great, i use 100% of my bikes abilty. I know whats its manfacturing limits are and what it CAN do :) To marthy ; what brand clutch did you go with? And whats your inside on stiffer springs? Barnett, EBC, KG clutch factory all make clutches for our bikes. EBC and Barnett offer "better" springs over factory.™

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

M

MuganEjaz

Hi dude i know it improves acceleration but will it help going up hills? Also any idea of how to get abit higher top end speed because it goes about 45 tops on straight? thanks