clutch lever return

Insure Gal

hey guys
i have a question on behalf of IG this is her husband speaking
The return spring on the clutch mech does not return the lever all the way and I have been toying with the idea that i should replace spring with stronger one but before i do is there any adjustment on the plate under the spring????
cable is free and lever is not bent so I just would like to know wether anyone else noticed this and if so how did you fix it.I have some ideas as above but someone may have an easier fix.
Regards Dave

bmw675

if you bump it from behind, will it return all the way.

if so, and it is within the specs toofless showed, than you are in the same boat as me, and in good shape according to the specs, and this forums vast knowledge. :noworries:

Insure Gal

right on bmw 42

it does return with alittle touch frome behind and that is what drives me nuts cause i always manually return it to full open position when I ride her bike

Just am a little spoiled with my bandit's hydroulic clutch i guess.
Will probably instal shorty adjustable levers on her soon anyway and it problem persists will indeed source a heavier return spring:cool::cool::cool:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Superfly

My cable was stretching all the time when new and now its settled down. Its easy to adjust...just make sure you dont overtighten the cable as it might disengage when youre turning the steering...however this is pretty much unlikely as you would have the clutch in anyways turning the bike at full lock.

On my test rides of new hondas at the bike races all the cables were out of adjustment. Thats common on new bikes I guess.