Clip ons under the triple? Why yes... this way

RoadTrip

I ended up keeping the 3" apex clip ons and mounting them above the triple tree. Here are some pics for those of you considering it. No cutting of the fairings either. The front end is lowered as a result of this mod. This made a world of difference for me. It doesn't feel like I'm riding a harley anymore, no offense to anyone who does ride a harley.
clean bike, looks great

CraigEgg

Yea, I love this mod!

How much does it lower the front end? Handle different? Is there a way to do it without lowering the front?

Last edited:

ministicker

3". 41mm? What was the length of installation and difficulty level? Also, where did you get them from?! Thanks!!
Yes, 3" and 41mm diameter. It took me and a friend approximately 4 hours to install it and we are by no means professionals. The difficulty is not extreme but I would recommend to have someone around who has at least some experience with working on motorcycles (that would be my friend in my case). I bought mine from sportbiketrackgear.com as I found it the cheapest ($197) after reading one of the threads on this board.

Yea, I love this mod!

How much does it lower the front end? Handle different? Is there a way to do it without lowering the front?
It lowers the front end by the length of the bracket which is almost 3". Yes, the handling is different but a good different in my case. It corners a lot better now. I used to have this awkward feeling when cornering with the stock handle bars. With the clip ons it just leans right over now.

You can also get the 4" clip ons and mount those under the triple tree but that may require some cutting of the fairing covers to allow adequate clearance for the clip ons.

Copper6R11

/however nice this mod looks, theres no way in hell im cutting into my fairing/plastic. Clip-ons werent designed for this bike and it shows. From the pictures you can tell which peices were cut out, and it makes the bike look cheap. I was seriously considering getting this mod for the more aggressive handlebar look, but this bike was designed to have an upright riding postion so its comfortbale/all of your weight isn't on your wrists. Its not worth it to me, u have to sacrifice comfort and appearance to make your bike look more aggresive. I might just go with renthal bars or something. Thanks for the pics tho, this helped with my decision.

DakinechicK

I have read some of your other negative posts to people and I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT like your attitude what-so-ever. If you have nothing nice to say, then why make an effort to post it to where everyone can see? If you don't like it, fine. And if you think my bike looks cheap, fine. But, I can do without reading your rude comments on MY thread as well as on anyone elses. If anyone decides to do a mod to their bike that you don't like, guess what, too bad. It's just plain belittling and I don't need that here.
:mad:

Briguy453

Always leave it to one person that can't keep their comments to themselves. I, personally am probably going to go with this mod. I am completely willing to sacrifice some comfort to get a more aggressive seating position and more aggressive look to the bike. Thanks a lot for doing the work so everyone else that wanted to do this, can without any reservations!

Dimefan

I was pretty excited to see your bar upgrade- that's exactly what I want to do but didn't have the time to trial and error. Thanks!

FZ6RGUY

Guys and girls. What is the diff from mounting these on top or on bottom of tripple clamp? If you go under can you keep the stock ride height? Or does it handle better if you lower it? Looks like a cool mod but i would rather not have to cut anything, just for the look factor.

vinhdiezel

Guys and girls. What is the diff from mounting these on top or on bottom of tripple clamp? If you go under can you keep the stock ride height? Or does it handle better if you lower it? Looks like a cool mod but i would rather not have to cut anything, just for the look factor.
If you mount them on top then you have to drop the forks a bit I'd say by 1.5"-2". I assume mounting on the bottom would of course keep the stock height without having to drop your forks.:D

jermfly

So when you say lowered how do you lower the forks? I want to do this. What do I have to do. Just lower the front end and place them on the top?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

miketriebsch

also what size where the clip ons? i went online to buy some not realizing all the different types lol

nvm found it on page 5 lol 3 inch and 41 in diameter. thanks!!

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

ccobb575

I ended up keeping the 3" apex clip ons and mounting them above the triple tree. Here are some pics for those of you considering it. No cutting of the fairings either. The front end is lowered as a result of this mod. This made a world of difference for me. It doesn't feel like I'm riding a harley anymore, no offense to anyone who does ride a harley.

I like your mod because there is no cutting...where did you buy your clip ons from? How hard was the install? and what is your lean position now on the bike....? Is it still comfortable?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

bineshii

so how did you get them above the tirple tree, how did you lower the triple tree cover, or did you have the forks lowered, i need to make this mod happed for sure ordering the parts in 5 days..

Vulpine

My apologies. My thanks and question was for Ministicker. By the way, SSB (Super Street Bike) magazine ran an article on our bike with some cool mods this month. It would have been more awesome had they used the clip ons like you guys. Thanks again.