Cleaning and Lubing Chain in Garage?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

shouldnt matter really...before you expoxy you will have to strip the concrete and stuff. I wouldnt use a retention matt just use an old piece of cardboard and lay it within the spray area

JSP

Super Moderator
I have a mat out of my Tacoma I used to have that I use. Works great at catching and soaking up anything. I park my bike on it. But cardboard should work just fine. Or wait till its not raining.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:Im With Stupid:

I just throw down some old cardboard or newspaper from the recycling bin.

See red

I do mine on my neighbors side walk.... I don't like him. I do it only when he is home and can see me.... still won't say anything lol!

bmw675

huh, i've never done it outside, always inside.

like everyone else, I lay cardboard on the concrete. I guess you could put a drain pan underneath it if you plan on using alot of degreaser when cleaning it.

Deanohh

I get a cheap paper painters tarp and cut it up. Use a piece to keep floor and me clean when working on floor. Absorbs a little and less messy than cardboard.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

pgyammy

I've used empty pizza boxes. When open you can slide the top half between the tire and chain so no oil gets on the tire and extra oil runs down into the pizza box.

Skidro

Since i ride everyday, my bike never sees a garage and gets rained on only when it's raining. I've riden in the rain the last three days, and actually enjoy it.

I do average a 1000 miles a month & she will be 22 months old tomorrow and I will hit 22,000 miles tomorrow afternoon.

I do have a home-made catch pan that i put under the bike when i do an oil change.