Chicken Strip

Deputyfarva252

Around here a lot of cops don't really care much about hanging off. It's the double yellow passing, speeding, etc... In fact I know guys who have gone to a certain area we ride often and do laps and had the cops pull over and let them by and told them they didn't want to spoil their fun. As long as you're not being ridiculous and unsafe, the Sheriff's are pretty cool. It's the CHP you have to watch out for. :rolleyes:

yeah im not going to mess with a bike too much , #1 im not going to start a chase for a citation and watch someone kill themselves #2 I ride obviously so i have a soft spot for riders #3 as long as the only person there endangering is themselves it is what it is , i might stop them and say hey dude watch yourself but other then that im not messing with it.

My strips are about 3/8 inch on both sides

Heineken

Elite Member

ME_with_a_B

I've gotten so much more comfortable with my left turns. I still tense up and get too nervous to lean much when going right. Too many incidents with right turns... :shakehead: I don't think I'll ever lose my anxiety now.

RoadTrip

My joy in riding comes from clean execution of turns at reasonable speeds and lean angles appropriate for said speeds. I know we all check our chicken strips and use them to measure our abilities, however the execution and speed are really the measure - sloppy execution does not give me a good feeling, and unsafe speeds lead to sloppy execution and unnecessary risk. Tipping into a corner at exactly the right moment, taking a set, then a clean exit, that's where it's at - let the chicken strips be as wide as they want to be - otherwise you will end up pushing above your abilities chasing a chicken strip and might get bit - it's just not worth it to me, don't need that to have fun. BTW, my strips run 1" to 1/2" in case you are wondering.

Detrich

Nice... ^_^

Jots S.R.M.C.

How low do you go Thread * Pics of your Rubber wear *

I go up the local mountain here alot and got a little wear on the shinko's

I have 100% faith in them.. They are the Shinko 005 Advances-.. They are dirty cheap and with my 190 pounds do GREAT

Here is my wear.. - Before I post them just want to say I'm working out some impropper body posturing habbits I have created in my 10k miles on the Fz6r- Comparing my track days on a full on super sport vs fz6r this friday we will just see everything im doing wrong as I drop a knee a couple times... - we shall see.. tomorrow is the fz's first track day !
enough b.s. heres the pics

Front tire.. "LEFT TURNS"

Front tire.. "Right Turns"

My rears for somereason turned out bad in the picture.. i'm going to post a pic of my last set to compare..

Rear Tire * Right Turns*

This one you can see alot better

Rear Tire * Left Turns *

I dont have any shots from the 2ct's I had.. Just the STOCKS...

Man- I really put the stock tires to the test..

REAR TIRE... *Right Turns*

Front Tire *Right Turns* <---- The lowest nipples are worn.. haha

Now stock tires- I didn't have the suspension set for me.. in other words the cartiage emulators wern't installed in the front and the rear was only like 2 clicks - where I believe im at 3 or 4 now.. - not sure..

Anyways - Post pics of your rubber wear if you'd like.. and if you got some cool tires tell me how you like them and how they feel

Thanks !!!

SAFE-T

Read an article about two years ago featuring Leon Haslam, who currently rides World Superbike for BMW. This was before he rode for Suzuki in WSBK in 2010, so he was still in British Superbike.

In the article, they took a street rider to the track and compared how he rode. Haslam actually commented that the street guy was leaning TOO much, and that by keeping the bike more upright he would be able to keep the bike on a part of the tire that had a larger contact area, therefore allowing him to faster (higher corner speed and more throttle on exit).

Smaller 'chicken strips' do not a faster ride make.

SAFE-T

Also, with some rear/front tire combinations you will get all the way to the edge of the tire on the rear and still have some room left on the front.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

I'm still learning how to lean without having an anxiety attack... I have serious concerns about slipping and wrecking...

So my strips are nothing to be proud of :disapprove:

View attachment 18944 View attachment 18945

And after looking at these pictures, I've realized I lean much more on my right turns than my left... hmmm... I wonder why...

Best advice i can give... find a friend- or a friend of a friend that rides " FAST " - tell them where you are at in your comfort zone on riding and ask to have them come ride with you... Ask them not to go "TOO FAST" in fact- (while riding in front of you) look back to make sure they havent lost you... - Follow them.. I dont mean hold the "EXACT LINE" - but dont try to keep up with there exact speed if it gets you nervous but the point is to ride behind them and for your BRAIN to mentally see that riding that speed is possible.. and if you see what the bike is capable of while riding with a faster rider.. you will become faster before you know it !!-

When I ride with fast riders I feel pretty damn good about myself.. then when im by myself Ihave trouble at times pushing myself. Same anxiety thing.. Fear of laying the bike and crashing.. and for me.. Flying a mile down off a cliff of a mountain ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

poWKaw

I've been riding for 5 months now.
Been hanging off my bike for the last month, so it's become a lot easier.
Well, except when I pull over and I can barely stand my legs are like jelly.
One way to get exercise I guess. :p

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member