Check out the new wheels!!!

tnalley

What does everybody think? Got the idea off of youtube. Used paint stripper to remove part of the black from the wheels. Havent had a chance to polish them yet. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate. It looks awesome at night with the leds glowing off of them. Ill try to get some pics soon at night.

Attachments

BoneJj

Interesting, looks different and has potential, just make sure you clear coat them so the metal doesn't start to oxidize and give you problems later.

tnalley

I used Airplane paint stripper on the wheels. 2 coats.
as for the graphics I painted over the original "pink" with barcellona red Toyota touchup paint. about three coats on it. Glad you like it!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I like , I don't like the black wheels .
Was thinking about doing white powder coating , but this might be better .
Did they shine like that when stripped or did you use aluminum polish on them ?

mische42

Looks Sharp!

JSP

Super Moderator
I like that!

motogp6r

wow, mind blown. i have leds on my bike too...but damn your wheels add another aspect to the led lighting. previously the led reflectiveness wouldn't have shown like that the silver/chromeness projects the color....good job:)

...stealing that

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

I'm not a fan of them myself. Black wheels with a polished lip is everywhere. Full polished would have looked nice!

tnalley

Yeah I agree but this was a quick solution. The reason I left the black is because it is a different texture and would require alot of sanding to match the outer rim.