Cheap Stands?

Fizzer6R

dif. make stand, but same concept - see where the red pads rest against the swingarm on each side, then there's a pad that goes underneath to lift

Attachments

Fizzer6R

yup that's the same one I have, except looks like they changed it slightly, mine doesn't have the 2 piece handle with pin that connects to the stand, mine is all 1 piece. assume they changed this for shipping cost to make smaller. i've had em for 10+ years now and no rust despite scraps and dings.

pit-bull tubes look a little thicker, while the trex have dual wheels, so prob. about as equal sturdiness (is that a word?). can't beat the trex price tho

AngryAnt

Thanks for all the help guys. Just placed my order for these guys:

Silver TRex Front and Rear Motorcycle Stands Univ

I called them and asked about the paddles, but they didn't know what I was talking about, and pointed out the spool adapters, which I can add later if I want.

Fzara2000

Thanks for all the help guys. Just placed my order for these guys:

Silver TRex Front and Rear Motorcycle Stands Univ

I called them and asked about the paddles, but they didn't know what I was talking about, and pointed out the spool adapters, which I can add later if I want.
09on TRex Yamaha FZ6R Spool Adapters No Modifica

" Without spools the bike can be difficult to lift with a stand. Once lifted, it can be unstable. The angle on the swingarms makes it worse. It can cause the bike to slip off the stand and fall. T-Rex spool adapters are made to meet this challenge..."

whats the chance that the bike will slip off the stand, or is the website just trying to create intimidation?

iSpoolin

09on TRex Yamaha FZ6R Spool Adapters No Modifica

" Without spools the bike can be difficult to lift with a stand. Once lifted, it can be unstable. The angle on the swingarms makes it worse. It can cause the bike to slip off the stand and fall. T-Rex spool adapters are made to meet this challenge..."

whats the chance that the bike will slip off the stand, or is the website just trying to create intimidation?
Well I used mine on the FZ6R probably 100 times, AND stored the bike on them for a whole 4 months of Winter. Never had ANY slippage, Yes there is a chance of it, but you'd have to push the damn bike to get it to do that. They just want to sell shit.

AngryAnt

Got my T-Rex stands in today: Silver TRex Front and Rear Motorcycle Stands Univ

Thoughts so far: shipping was rather poor, they were disassembled and thrown in a giant box with no real padding or anything, just kinda being tossed around a bit. They'll end up getting scratched anyway I"m sure, eh well...

Assembled in about 15 minutes, no major issues there. I was a bit nervous doing it by myself for the first time, but didn't really have any problems, which is surprising for 135 lb dude with no muscle mass to speak of :banghead:

Used it to check my fluids, lube the chain, check the tire pressure, and adjust a few other things. What can I say, they worked, and felt study. Thanks for the suggestion.

HF stand I got for 30 bucks works great for the rear. Now I need a front stand.....

Fzara2000

Thoughts so far: shipping was rather poor, they were disassembled and thrown in a giant box with no real padding or anything, just kinda being tossed around a bit. They'll end up getting scratched anyway I"m sure, eh well...

Assembled in about 15 minutes, no major issues there. I was a bit nervous doing it by myself for the first time, but didn't really have any problems, which is surprising for 135 lb dude with no muscle mass to speak of :banghead:

Used it to check my fluids, lube the chain, check the tire pressure, and adjust a few other things. What can I say, they worked, and felt study. Thanks for the suggestion.
excellent. Mines coming tomorrow but I didnt see the need for a front stand yet. Did you lift the bike yourself or did you have someone else help you?

iSpoolin

Mine shipped and all the pieces were wrapped in bubble wrap in a box. No scratches or complaints on shipping with mine.

Glad to see they worked out for you though!

excellent. Mines coming tomorrow but I didnt see the need for a front stand yet. Did you lift the bike yourself or did you have someone else help you?
I always lift both my bikes on my own. Just need to be able to balance the bike with one arm while you get the stand under it. Its really simple.

Fzara2000

I got the rear T-Rex stand but one of the 'arms' (with the wheels) which attaches to the main piece is giving me alot of trouble when screwing in the two screws. I tried WD40 but it still didn't want to screw in. It may be the threads inside the piece. The screw can be dropped in and turned 1 cm to the right before it stops and encounters resistance.

The other side however was a breeze and the two screws screwed in easily. I put them in loosely and had no problem.

I called their support line but they were closed. Gonna have to try back next week I think. :mad:

Fizzer6R

bummer, hopefully their cust. support will resolve your issue