Changed up handle bars and seat height

efforex

So i was on a ride with JonKerr and at the end he gave me some really awesome pointers so i started working on what i could today afterwards.

Flipped the risers around and positioned the handlebars that worked for me (which i must add a amazing difference) Then i changed the ride height of my seat which also helped with shifting my body weight from side to side.

I have a couple of pics i took while doing it and after i was finished.

Attachments

efforex

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

efforex

Ha ha, noticed that in the blow up pics in the mirrors. I adjusted my handlebars right away too. Much better. Gonna add clip-ons eventually but exhaust is my next must have mod.
I have pretty close to 600 bucks saved up for my exhaust now i just need to get another 250 and ill have mine.

efforex

Out of couriousity, what changes with switching the risers around? Higher, lower?
They allow you more adjustments after I did it the bike had more of a aggressive feel then a sport bike feeling. When i hung over the motorcycle my wrist was not as much at an angle when leaning into a turn

Last edited:

z21-i

So i was on a ride with JonKerr and at the end he gave me some really awesome pointers so i started working on what i could today afterwards.

Flipped the risers around and positioned the handlebars that worked for me (which i must add a amazing difference) Then i changed the ride height of my seat which also helped with shifting my body weight from side to side.

I have a couple of pics i took while doing it and after i was finished.
This thread prompted me to raise my seat. Much better should have done it months ago

Bert-Aus

Out of couriousity, what changes with switching the risers around? Higher, lower?
It shifts the bars approx 1" forwards and 1" down if you roll the bars backwards too = lot more comfort for your wrists and easier to tuck in

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

efforex

Don't think there's any real advantage, just personal preference. Some say the bike turns better with clip ons. I just think they look better on our bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Actually when hanging off the bike while cornering its a much better position so your wrist isnt so cocked back. by the end of the ride before i did this my wrists were killing me, ride after i did this took some getting use too but after an amazing difference in position while hanging off considering wrist position and strain to hold onto the bar.