Chain Fell off and Now I'm leaking oil?

jon.sagrero7

Hi everyone recently my chain fell off my rear sprocket and got all coiled up inside the front sprocket and did a little bit of damage. Whenever i start up my bike now it starts leaking oil. I can see where the hole is i just don't know the name of the part that the hole is located. I believe its the oil pan because its the bottom most part of the bike that was connected to the gear shifter. and when part of the gear shifter broke off, it snagged at the metal part that was connecting it to the oil pan. Any help on what i need to replace or how i can approach this please help as i don't have much funds.

Thank you. :eek:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

jon.sagrero7

Go buy a can of brake clean and some hi temp JB Weld (2 part Epoxy) Clean the crap out of it and mix the Epoxy together... spread it like peanut butter LOL Won't hurt if it's a bit warm... the epoxy would bond a bit quicker. Let it cure for few days if possible. Take a good look at the shift rod seal... look damage from here.

By the way... got lucky! We've seen worst from a chain coming off. Keep it clean, lube and inspect it once in a while. 15K miles on a chain is the max I put on. You can do more but you taking risks. $180.00 for 2 sprockets & chain is cheaper than replacing an engine case.
Where can i buy the hi temp JB Weld? So basically i clean entire area with brake clean to rid of any oil and dirt, then i mix the 2 part epoxy together and spread it over the damaged hole area?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member